This job is no longer available
Job Title: Human Resources Advisor (Trinity Hospice Shops Ltd)
Responsible to: Director of Human Resources & Development
Group: Human Resources & Development
Purpose of the Post:
To provide an efficient HR advisor service to Trinity Hospice Shops Ltd. To be the “first point of contact” in all areas of Human Resources Management.
- To be responsible in delivering a full recruitment service to the retail division. To include:
- Identifying vacancies, deciding on the appropriate method of recruitment. (Internal, external, Trinity website, agencies etc.)
- Ensuring that the short listing process is carried out in line with organisational policy and procedure.
- Overseeing the interview process with the relevant recruitment manager
- Ensuring appropriate pre-employment checks are carried out in line with Trinity’s recruitment and selection policy.
- Drafting offer letters and contracts ready for HR Director’s signature
- To be responsible for scheduling the induction process for all new members of Shops staff, to include:
- Confirming the start date with relevant managers
- Arranging all elements of mandatory training
- Ensuring that new members of staff are shadowed during their first weeks in the role
- To be responsible for the ensuring the computerised personal system and any manual systems are maintained effectively and that the required information is recorded and the relevant periodic reports are generated accurately and on time. This includes annual leave, sickness and all other types of absence.
- To be the first point of contact to advise on operational personnel issues, e.g.: aspects of disciplinary, grievance, maternity leave and other family friendly requests.
- To monitor all areas of mandatory training requirements and organise and deliver relevant training programmes to staff and retail managers.
- To support retail managers during the appraisal process, and make recommendations on training requirements, based on the training needs analysis.
- Assisting the Director of HR & Development in sourcing relevant and cost effective methods of additional staff and management training.
- Ensure that all relevant payroll changes are correctly authorised and submitted on time to the payroll office
- Be responsible for the occupational health referral of any member of staff whose absence triggers a referral in line with the sickness absence policy.
- To ensure that all leavers are provided with an exit interview, and that their feedback is input into the exit interview database.
- To carry out any other reasonable ad hoc duties as required by the Director of Human Resources & Development.
- To ensure own skills and knowledge are up to date and reflect good practice.
To be aware of the confidential nature of the work undertaken and of the requirements of the Data Protection Act; to follow local codes of practice to ensure appropriate action to safeguard confidential information.
To ensure that Trinity Hospice acknowledges and welcomes diversity in all parts of the organisation and in all in patient services;
To actively seek to develop, deliver and monitor policies and procedures which promote equality of opportunity.
Please press the "Apply Now" button to Apply