- Full Time
The job purpose is to manage the data and processes within the 3 HR systems, SelectHR, aCloud Recruitment and SelectPay. To work with colleagues responsible for Access Dimensions and Access Focal point to ensure seamless integration of the ERP.
Assist colleagues across the range of HR related responsibilities.
IIED is a policy and action research organisation. We provide expertise and leadership in sustainable development at local, regional, national and global levels to improve livelihoods and protect the environments on which these livelihoods are built. We specialise in linking local priorities to global challenges. IIED is based in London and works in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and the Pacific, with some of the world’s most vulnerable people. We work with them to strengthen their voice in the decision-making arenas that affect them — from village councils to international conventions. In alliance with others, we are helping to tackle the biggest issues of our times – from climate change to the pressures on natural resources and the forces shaping local markets.
This role is based in the Human Resources Team.
1. Administration (60%)
- Responsible for the effective management of IIED’s HR data within SelectHR, aCloud Recruitment and SelectPay.
- Update SelectHR with all staff changes and administer the monthly payroll
- Develop and produce reports and statistics as required.
- Set up and manage workflows, self-service user configuration and implement new functionality/ improvements as appropriate
- Oversee the authorisation process within SelectHR’s Self-Service.
- Manage the relationship with Access re. system changes and service level agreements
- Update the staff list and other HR information documents as necessary.
- Assist the Head of HR with the “Sabbatical” applications and Performance and Development Review (PDR) processes.
- Respond appropriately to HR enquiries from internal and external customers.
- Produce salary, offers of employment and other ad-hoc letters.
- Prepare and maintain personnel files, keeping in line with current data protection legislation and in line with GDPR.
- Update HR Data on IIED systems as appropriate, e.g. SharePoint and IIED website.
- Provide administrative support to Head of HR in organising meetings and attending and taking minutes as required e.g. Operational Management Team (OMT) meetings.
- Carry out background research to support the Head of HR in the implementation of policy reviews and HR projects.
- Attend monthly COG (Co-ordinator and Core Group) and ERP meetings reporting on HR issues and responding / collecting queries.
2. Recruitment and Induction (30%)
- Responsible for all operational aspects of recruitment process in collaboration with the HR Manager as appropriate which include;
- Post advertisements and decide on appropriate media strategy
- Manage the online recruitment process using aCloud Recruitment (under review)
- Coordinate all aspects of the interview process including the interview schedule
- Represent HR on interview panels where appropriate and facilitate decision making on appointment
- Produce HR wide statistics and metrics.
- Manage the new joiner administration including issuing contracts, offer letters, reference requests and pre-employment checks.
- Assist in the planning of individual induction programmes in collaboration with relevant colleagues; deliver HR-related induction sessions.
- Manage the visa application process for new recruits
- Manage the onboarding process of new joiners via SelectHR
- Coordinate the hiring of temporary staff for IIED (agency or otherwise) and ensure that payments are processed efficiently.
- Manage the relationship with Kings College, London for the annual placement of interns and oversee the recruitment of interns in partnership with colleagues in the Groups.
3. Development and Training (5%)
- Administer appraisal and training/development activities.
- Using SelectHR manage the online booking process for internal workshops, training interventions and the maintenance of the training calendar.
4. Contributions to institutional life (5%)
- Participate in organisation-wide projects, initiatives or working groups for the development, implementation and improvement of systems and business operations.
- Support the Head of HR and contribute to the development and implementation of the new People Strategy (2019 to 2024).