Regional HR Officer
Job Title: Part Time Regional HR Officer
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract
Salary: £31,990 + £5,000 car allowance FTE (£19,194 + £3,000)
Location: Milton Keynes
Industry Sector: Logistics
Job Reference Number: 18902
Ashley Kate are delighted to be partnering a leading logistics organisation who are seeking a HR Officer to join them in Milton Keynes on a part time 12-month contract covering maternity.
This is an exciting fast paced role based in Milton Keynes but covering other sites in Northampton, Nottingham and Bedford. You will be part of a collaborative and fun culture where no two days are the same.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar level position, advising managers on the full spectrum of HR matters
- Successful track record of recruitment and selection of graded staff positions
- Experience of working in manufacturing/ retail / logistics environment.
- Industrial relations experience including exposure to union environments
- Sound knowledge of employment law, particularly that relating to disciplinary and absence management and equality
- Ability to travel combined with acceptance of the requirement for extensive UK travel and some overnight stays away from home.
You will offer a professional and pragmatic HR service across the region. You will guide managers through all areas of ER including disciplinary and grievance procedures ensuring they operate within the relevant HR policy, as well as coordinating and driving forward any outstanding casework activity. You will support key operational HR work by providing advice to the highest professional across the full generalist remit.
- Provide a professional generalist HR service to clients; supporting and advising management and staff on Company HR policies and procedures, employee relations issues and generalist HR subjects including:
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of employment legislation and Company Policy in order to ensure the delivery of a service which properly balances Best practice, compliance and commercial pragmatism.
- Deliver a full support service to recruiting managers for graded vacancies,
- Advises managers on all aspects of absence management in order to ensure the effective maintenance of and improvement on Company standards, compliance with the law and with Company Policy and appropriate support for employees relevant.
- Advises managers on all aspects of disciplinary management, performance management and the management of grievances.
- Supports management in necessary investigations, hearings and appeals where required.
- Assists and supports L&D colleagues, management and employees in training needs analysis, the identification of suitable learning approaches, delivery of training, facilitating learning experiences, and the monitor, review and assessment of L&D activities as required.
- Supporting and, where appropriate, leading organisational change programmes such as re-structuring, redundancy, business transfers, acquisitions, site closures, site opening, re-location etc.
For more details about this role, please contact
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialise in recruitment nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.