Director of Human Resources
Bedford College Group are currently seeking to appoint a Director of Human Resources (HR) appointed by the Board, reporting to the Board and the Chief Executive.
Candidates will be experienced human resources professionals with demonstrable experience of operating at the highest level, with the ability to provide effective leadership and management to enable the delivery of a high-quality and value-added HR service.
The successful candidate will operate in support of the organisations strategic plan, leading the HR function (including three direct reports) from both an operational and strategic perspective, further embedding the Group’s values and behaviours, with continued growth and development a key focus.
You will be a passionate driver for continuous improvement through the leadership and management of the HR function to deliver a customer first approach, achieving the highest professional standards and best practice whilst detailing and monitoring individual and business performance against key benchmarks.
- Chartered member of the CIPD alongside demonstrable professional experience at a strategic level in a multi-site organisation of a similar size
- A proven track record in delivering results through team-based working within a fast paced and challenging environment
- Experience in delivering tactical programmes to maximise the effectiveness of organisational, workforce planning and resourcing.
- Demonstrable expertise of driving continuous improvement aligned to the delivery of the Group Strategy
- Experience of working on major infrastructure projects, familiarity with best practice change programmes and experience in coaching and influencing managers through processes and transition.
Skills and Knowledge:
- You will be a confident leader with the ability to establish strong, sustained working relationships based on respect, effectively negotiating and influencing.
- Proven experience and extensive knowledge of employment law and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach
- Proven knowledge and experience of the harmonisation of HR policies, procedures and employment terms and conditions
- Demonstrable recent experience of applying knowledge of restructures and TUPE legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of HR systems, software, strategies and their implementation
- Knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and their application within a HR function
Terms and Conditions
- 37 hours per week / 52 weeks per year (1.0 FTE)
- 35 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Local Government Pension Scheme
Circa £75,000 per annum
An Enhanced DBS Check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.