In order to drive a high-performance culture here at Which? we are embarking on an exciting cultural transformation fuelled by a different approach to Learning and Development. We are moving away from a traditionally classroom based learning approach towards a 70:20:10 manner of learning.
Rather than anticipating, responding to and simply meeting the training needs of the business in line with our strategy, our new approach will encourage individuals to take responsibility for their own development. They will recognise the value of on job experiences, engage with line managers, coaches and mentors and access knowledge via classroom or digital methods.
In order for us to successfully make this shift we’ll be focusing on the following:
- Building Line managers coaching capability to help individuals focus on their performance and what they can learn daily to improve it
- Encouraging employees to take more responsibility for their everyday learning to improve performance and deliver business goals
- Ensuring the organisation makes it easy for individuals to find sources of knowledge, skills and advice at their moment of need
- Empowering our L&D professionals help create and maintain a culture where all this happens as part of people’s day to day activity
- Helping Senior leaders recognise, reward and role-model the behaviours that support a performance-based learning culture
We are looking to recruit a Learning & Development Manager on a 12 month basis to co deliver this transformational journey. Please click here to find out more about the role.
Nikki Tysoe, Head of Talent, Resourcing & Development, Which?