Employee Relations Specialist (Contract) - Hereford, Herefordshire
Employee Relations Specialist (Contract)
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Job location(s): Hereford – Supporting sites around Hereford, Newent and the surrounding areas
As a member of the HR Solutions UK/IRL team, the HR Employee Relations Specialist will be co-ordinating the delivery of employee relations and HR services such as actively meeting HR compliance processes and procedures, providing subject matter expertise and management of planning processes in relation to Employee Relations. You will need to create links with other ER specialists, audit and law to create and deploy a process that increases the knowledge and skills of HR professionals while meeting government requirements.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for executing routine employee relations activities predominately for the factory production environment; conducting investigations, disciplinary & grievance hearings, dispute resolution processes, interpreting and advising on policies, regulatory requirements and agreements and the monitoring of internal and external employee relations environments.
- Provide relevant and effective advice to Cargill’s sites in the Herefordshire and Gloucestershire areas of the UK
- Assist in the facilitation of employee relations services including regional strategy requirements
- Work in close partnership with Cargill shared services to deliver services and processes
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships which may include: business leaders, managers, business/function human resource professionals, industry contacts and employees
- Responsibility when required to represent the market consultative body such as the European Works Council and Unions
- Administer dispute resolution procedures with employees and unions
- Utilise research and analysis skills to obtain facts and inform investigations in employee and industrial relations issues
- Perform the day to day delivery of support for employment policies, regulatory requirements and apply these in accordance with relevant laws and Cargill’s employment policies and standards
- Perform and support compliance related employee/ industrial relations activities for a location i.e. HR audits, customer ethical audits, documentation collection and retention and regulatory form completion.
- Support more senior employee/ industrial relation professionals and legal counsels on more complex/ high risk activities
- Champion a continuous improvement culture, to ensure deployment of scalable, simplified and standardized processes
- Coach employees on ER related issues
Qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or proven experience in human resources and employee relations – essential
- Experience of employee relations in a fast pace, high change environment – essential
- Experience of anticipating issues, problem solving and implementing solutions – essential
- A strong drive for results – essential
- Previous experience influencing and engaging with teams – essential
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a diverse range of people – essential
- Understanding of HR change efforts – essential
- Driving license- essential
- Experience of operating in a shared service organisation – desirable
- Ability to manage Industrial Relations/ Employee relations and understand complex legislation – desirable
- Experience within a shared service environment- desirable
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter today by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill