Human Resources Consultant - Guildford, Surrey
Human Resources Consultant
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Vacancy Type: Police Staff
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Headquarters, Guildford
Working Pattern: Monday – Friday
Closing date: 06/07/2017
This is an opportunity to join a team of HR professionals supporting Surrey and Sussex Police Forces in a wide range of HR generalist activities.
Applicants must display the ability to provide HR support, expert advice and guidance across a broad range of areas, including change programmes, employee relations, organisational design & development, learning & development. The role-holder will be required to lead on project work to enable both Surrey and Sussex to meet overall business objectives and to drive improvements to the service offered by the Human Resources (HR) Function across Surrey and Sussex.
Your ability to work cohesively within a committed team of HR professionals is vital and the role will require you to be able to travel to venues force wide across Surrey and Sussex (when required).
You’ll be responsible for providing professional support, expert advice and guidance across a broad range of HR disciplines including change programmes, pay and reward, employee relations, projects, organisational development, recruitment initiatives, performance management and learning & development across Surrey and Sussex.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Providing specialist advice on both routine and complex HR issues assessing associated risk, providing guidance and solutions.
- Managing a complex caseload in areas such as Reward & Retention, Case Management & Employment Tribunals, Change Management, Projects, Recruitment, HR Policies, Workforce and Organisational Development.
- Coaching and providing advice to line managers by passing on expertise to enable managers to become self-sufficient in good people management practice, including running workshops and surgeries for managers.
- Researching, analysing, designing and delivering solutions, outcomes and plans in line with organisational need, seeking continuous improvement to enhance service delivery.
- Building effective working relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders, communicating at all levels including influencing and negotiating.
- Working collaboratively within HR, providing a comprehensive and co-ordinating approach to drive continuous improvement
Developing and supporting change initiatives such as projects and organisational development strategies to support the organisational aims and objectives to enhance organisational performance
To be successful in this role, you’ll have to demonstrate that you are CIPD Qualified or actively working towards qualification or equivalent qualification / relevant experience and are able to:
- Proactively seek solutions and take responsibility for resolving problems
- Demonstrate and promote a “can do” attitude
- Display resilience when faced with challenges; balances competing demands and responds well to changing priorities
- Excellent up to date knowledge of employment legislation that gives you the ability to make HR decisions using professional judgement to assess risk and options
- Evidence experience of advising and coaching line managers in good people management practices
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and communicate effectively and with confidence with people at all levels
- Demonstrate the ability to use influencing and negotiation skills to meet organisational needs and minimise risk
- Evidence excellent planning and organising skills
For further information/an informal discussion about this role please contact the Senior Consultants Jo Kleboe (01483 630907 / email@example.com) or Elaine Williams (01483 639423 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
Surrey Police Vacancies are advertised in parallel with Force redeployment processes, this may lead to a vacancy being withdrawn after advertising.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.