Senior HR Business Partner - London
Senior HR Business Partner
Reports to: Head of HR
Location: BT Centre, London
Salary: £70,000 - £75,000 + bonus and benefits
BT Technology, Service and Operations overview
BT’s Technology, Service and Operations is a business where brilliant teams can deliver what our customers need. In TSO, our goal is to grow in a sustainable, profitable way and in a world where customers are demanding more and more from their technology, we need to provide the kind of services, network and experience that wows them. As BT’s technology powerhouse, our ambition is to create brilliant converged services over the best network. We know this will put the market-facing units in a position where they can always delight our customers. By providing an effortless experience we’ll stand-out from the competition, making us all feel proud of our role in the best talented technology team. Within TSO we have our exciting Research and Innovation team, IT, Mobile, TV and Broadband along with many other business areas and with our goals and ambitions it really is a hugely exciting part of the BT business.
Within Technology Service & Operations (TSO), there is a diversity of cultures both organisation and national. TSO has circa 12,900 people in over 30 countries, supported by 16,400 sub-con/third parties and works with 6 market facing units. TSO is present in 300+ UK sites and has 732 official homeworkers (5.7%). This includes 338 people who have TUPE transferred from EE Ltd, and over 650 EE Ltd people in Mobile. The TSO population covers a range of employee groups – from field engineers to world leading technologists
As part of the TSO HR team the SHRBP will develop and deliver an integrated, and solution focussed, people plan to support the overall business unit ambitions. He/she will work brilliantly with business partners, HR Services (HRS) and the Centre’s of Expertise (CoE’s) to deliver and at times co-create HR strategy, policy and process.
He/she also provides excellent HR consultancy, coaching and people leadership to deliver the best outcomes for the business they partner.
Held to account for:
- To develop and implement with the Head of HR appropriate plans to deliver the TSO people plan.
- To improve capability, performance, talent and leadership in the business area in line with business goals.
- To work across organisational boundaries, forming matrixed teams from our CoE’s to deliver operational HR activities within the unit including; recruitment and development, performance management, employee relations, change management and resource planning
- To support senior leaders to role model great leadership across their teams and support the right engagement outcomes
Key accountabilities (5-7):
- People Strategy to underpin business unit ambitions: Design and develop a local people plan to enhance the success of the business unit and provide HR leadership to senior leaders and their teams.
- HR Strategy: Provides business insight to CoE’s and HR Services to facilitate continuous improvement into the business unit. Brings best practice into BT and shares knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends.
- Organisational Development & Design: Works with Senior leaders to review the design and augment the business unit operating model so it aligns to the business unit needs and supports its strategic goals
- Culture, Values & Engagement: Works with senior leaders to co-create engagement plans for the business unit. Can articulate how outcomes and risks impact business goals and recommends solutions.
- High performing Teams: Coaches and develops leaders at all levels, manages and mitigates people-related risks to ensure retention of key employees, developing leadership succession plans, managing capability and high performance and overall healthy churn.
- Future Skills and Location Strategy: Works with business unit on plans to have right skills in the right place, at the right time by developing a fully integrated Strategic and tactical workforce plan.
- HR Effectiveness: Brilliantly manages HR activities such as recruitment, resourcing, absence, performance, and employee relations in conjunction with matrixed specialist HR teams to deliver the people plan and its strategy.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Builds very strong relationships: has a strong track record of credibility in the business and seen as a trusted advisor. Coach people to get the best outcomes.
- Begin and ends with the customer - personally role models that customers are the reason why we have a business; places the achievement of excellent customer solutions at the heart of the organisation
- Track record of making change happen: can successfully lead and implement big change programmes by using strong change management and project management skills.
- Handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence; role models honest and respectful feedback; strong at managing multiple senior stakeholders; comfortable in the absence of direction
- Thinks and acts commercially: has strong business acumen and commercial awareness to assess commercial or financial risk, people implications and develops solutions to address.
- Data Analytics: uses strong analytical skills and intuition to analyse data and interpret business insights and trends. Uses data to support decision making and develops the best solutions.
- Excellent collaborator and influencer: has a track record to engage, inspire and influence people at senior levels.
- HR Mastery – strong technical HR knowledge and it’s practical application
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.