Senior Employee Relations Specialist (Compliance & Risk)
This is an opportunity to work for an extremely people centric, global retail brand and add value at a senior level within the Employee Relations team. This role is a clear step away from the day to day Employee Relations activity with a specific focus on compliance, regulatory, legal and policy requirements across Europe, so needs a technical expert with a keen eye for detail and someone who can advise and engage with the team and wider business on changes in legislation and internal policy.
You'll be contributing and driving the development of an effective HR compliance strategy and a key point of contact who will provide guidance, advice and effective solutions to Employee Relations issues. Naturally, you will be identifying key areas of risk through your audit activities and develop effect compliance, governance and escalation processes across the entire business, working closely with other HR and operational teams. In this role, you will also be working collaboratively with peers to develop tools to measure the effectiveness of changes in policy and process in maintaining compliance and you'll develop tools and reporting capability to measure the effectiveniness of those changes.
- Ensure that issues and trends are effectively measured, reported on and analysed for intervention or continuous improvement purposes
- Lead and support business planning for future legal or organisational developments
- Partner with HRBPs and key business stakeholders to drive good practice and compliance through knowledge-sharing, education, up-skilling, coaching, interventions and continuous improvement
- Ensure high-risk issues are appropriately escalated
- Liaise effectively with legal counsel, externally and internally
- Maintain up to date knowledge on legal requirements to ensure compliance across the whole business.
It's really important that applicants should have strong UK Employee Relations experience, including policy/process development and a strong technical expertise on legally compliant policies/processes, e.g. Right to Work, Data Protection, Pay, Working Time.
This person should also have the ability to design and implement compliant solutions and on-going governance and have a high attention to detail, the ability to influence and build relationships across organisational and geographic boundaries, gain credibility and establish trust quickly. This is an incredibly fast paced and growing organisation, and whilst experience in a similar retail business is an advantage, this person should be able to deal with pace and change and the complexities that come within that.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.