Head of HR
A leading European Retail chain with offices in London is looking for a Head of HR to join their Human Resources and Personnel team
European retail firm that has been expanding rapidly in the UK. They have 700 stores in seven countries, with 10,000 employees serving over six million visitors every week
Job Purpose of the Head of HR in London:
The Head of HR is responsible for ensuring HR objectives with the UK are aligned with the business objectives. In addition, the Head of HR is responsible for recruitment, payroll, training & development, reward and performance management.
The Head of HR will also work closely with the International HR Leader on international HR projects, from conception to implementation with the purpose to professionalise HR standards at global level.
Recruitment and Hiring
- Strategic personnel planning in line with business strategy
- Represent the Company at various recruitment events as well as with candidates
- Support the business with job postings and sourcing of candidates
- Act as the primary liaison between Managers and outside career service suppliers and recruitment agencies
- Utilize effective communication and follow-through while acting as a dependable point of contact for candidates, employees and hiring managers
- Create offer letters & contracts for new hires
Ensure UK employment law compliance
- Develop policies and procedures which satisfy and exceed minimum standards set by employment legislation e.g. maternity, paternity, working time/absence etc.
- Reviews and recommends policies which assist the efficiency and operation of the company e.g. dress code, occupational health, alcohol, internet and phone usage, travel and expenses.
- Advises on disciplinary and grievance matters and participates in the process as appropriate.
Recommends reward packages, salary and benefits, which reflect levels of responsibility and performance, and are competitive in the market place
Management, Compliance and Employee Relations
- Ensure all local employment laws are adhered to
- Support operations with employee relations and performance management
- Prepares HR reports
- Prepares and updates Employee Handbooks, Manuals as appropriate.
- Manages an accurate HR Information Database.
- Operate in a results orientated manner by means of active performance management.
Training & Development
- Identification and management of knowledge gaps
- Develop and deliver key trainings for employees
- Create and monitor the implementation of HR and operational trainings
- Assist in the creation of international HR standards
- Implementation and monitoring of international projects
- Train and develop country Head of HRs and Business Partners
- Review compliance of international standards
- Excellent knowledge of UK employment law
- Degree educated
- Previous Head of HR experience
- Experience in the retail sector
- Analytical and practical approach to problem solving
- Hands-on, personally resilient to work under pressure, and in difficult situations.
- Ability to multi-task with strong time management skills and outstanding organisational skills
- International travel will be required