Learning and Development Manager
A fantastic opportunity for a Learning & Development professional to work for a Specialist Bank based in the heart of the West-End. This is an L&D role with a strong focus on business partnering and will play a key part in driving through cultural change through the design and implementation of L&D initiatives.
The Learning & Development professional will design and develop the L&D strategy in partnership with the Head of Human Resources and Senior Management. You will align learning and development with the needs of the people and business by identifying, developing, delivering and evaluating learning solutions in a proactive and cost-effective way.
Day to day duties and responsibilities:
- To identify and create a diverse L&D framework in order to meet the needs of the people and business. This will include the full training cycle on soft, technical, product and HR related subject matter.
- Promoting a flexible and blended approach to L&D to accommodate different learning styles and maximise participation.
- Creating a variety of learning tools and materials to support and/or facilitate learning.
- Constantly evaluating current levels of capability and learning needs by working closely with business managers and individuals. Designing learning and development programmes to support business objectives and to meet learning requirements.
- Designing and delivering effective induction and on-boarding programmes. Monitoring and enhancing where necessary.
- Promoting inter-department knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Coordinating internal presentations and working with line managers and external business partners to identify and organise guest speakers to deliver topical/best practice updates.
- Participating in one to one coaching and mentoring sessions as well as promoting a coaching and mentoring culture.
- Designing and producing regular L&D management information to demonstrate ROI.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all systems/technical projects in order to understand, deliver and/or coordinate associated training needs.
- Ensure all training methodologies are current and in line with the needs of the business.
- Contributing to the design and delivery of 'People Plan' initiatives
- Adhoc projects as assigned from time to time.
- Contributing to the design and delivery of 'People Plan' initiativesEssential skills and requirement for the role:
- MCIPD qualified or relevant professional qualification.
- Previous L&D experience within financial services.
- Fully familiar with the regulatory environment particularly in relation to the Senior Managers Regime.
- Ability to champion L&D across all business areas.
- An experienced facilitator, to include senior management and Board meetings.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to perform consistently and to manage time and self in order to achieve objectives.
- Attention to detail and ability to balance speed and accuracy.
- Excellent communication, influencing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational and planning skills.