Group Talent Development Manager
The Group Talent Manager is responsible for managing the development and implementation of talent management initiatives and programmes across the country.
My client are leading IT company based in the city of London
- Support the L&D COE (Centre of Expertise), People Business Partners (PBPs) and leaders to ensure Talent is accurately identified and Talent records and supporting materials are accurate and up to date. Research industry best practice and share ideas of enhancing existing Sage talent processes.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of 'Success Profiles' for the T30 critical roles and in ensuring these profiles are effectively utilised by PBPs and leaders and inform robust development plans which are linked to succession.
- Responsible for the development and on-going review of talent, succession and development planning metrics to extract business insights which serve as an input to the annual board talent review.
- Collaborate with the People Business Partners to deliver Quarterly Talent Review's with our ExCo leaders, focusing on updating succession plans, aligning PDP's to succession and scenario planning. Ensure actions are agreed and taken forward and that insight is fed into relevant COE's e.g. Talent Acquisition and L&D to develop solutions.
- Work with the VP L&D, CPO and external provider to agree the approach and execution of the Executive Development Programme. Ensure the right leaders are invited to participate in the programme and that success is measured. Gather feedback from leaders and participants to ensure the effectiveness of the programme is constantly improved.
- As part of the wider L&D COE support PBPs and leaders with the identification of emerging talent. Ensure this insight is fed into succession plans and that PDP's are put in place to support these colleagues in realising their potential. Utilise and promote the use of internal development tools such as the FT125 events, Civil Service Secondment Programme and Women@ Mentoring Programme etc.
- Work with the L&D COE to support the development of new colleagues experience through our induction programme. Help to review content and materials and make sure they are up to date and relevant.
- Support the achievement of the company's ambition to attract and hire a diverse workforce to achieve the target 35% females in leadership and technology roles by 2018 through regularly reviewing Succession Plans and identification of key talent.
- Responsible for collaborating with the People Services team to track the entry and exit process for SMT leaders reporting monthly on movements (People KPI's) and extract insights and patterns from data.
- Work with the Employer Brand Manager and support initiatives which will promote the company's reputation as a great employer e.g. LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Sage Careers Center.
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Previous experience within a specialist talent role supporting PBP's and business leaders.
- A subject matter expert with deep talent management knowledge and a passion for keeping this knowledge current
- Knowledge of other HR Practices including: resourcing, assessment for selection (and development), development, performance management, reward, OD, succession planning
- Proven track record in building and sustaining productive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Personal credibility (acts with integrity, delivers commitments, confronts appropriately, maintains strict confidentiality, listens and focuses on transforming problems into opportunities, personally confident with different hierarchical levels; positive and consistent)
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and networking skills at a senior level - adapts style to match differing agendas
- Sound commercial awareness with experience of working within a large commercial environment in an HR role
- Experience of working within the technology industry with a good grasp of how a matrix organisation works
- Experience in internal or external HR consultancy
- Proven track record of working across geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working with a Talent Management System
Technical / professional qualifications:
- CPID (or equivalent qualification)
- Accredited to interpret Hogan Inventory Assessments
- Accredited to interpret the Lominger competency framework
- English Language
£65,000 - £78,000