HR Advisor, 12 month FTC (FTC to Perm)
2 days left
- Full Time
Who we are looking for
A great opportunity has arisen for an Operations Advisor based in London. This role sits within our Human Capital (HC) Operations function - a central team of HR professionals providing generalist support across our five lines of service (Assurance, Tax, Deals, Consulting and Internal Firm Services).
As a HC Advisor, you’ll provide expert commercial advice and support to people managers on the firm's policies and best practice, and guide them in the evaluation of risk, options and outcome.
PwC operates a shared services model for HC so the role will require significant liaison with other groups in HC to facilitate specialist support to clients. You’ll also be expected to embed best practice and recommend process improvements to the Operations Team Lead.
About the role
The HC Advisor is responsible for providing timely and clear advice to people managers and HC leaders through commercial understanding of the business unit operating environment, and its people issues.
As a HC Advisor, you’ll work closely with a Business Unit HC Leader (HCL) to support your assigned Business Unit. You must be knowledgeable on HC policy and process interpretation and able to provide on the spot guidance on a broad range of people related activities. Demonstrating ownership and escalating to specialist HC colleagues, a HC Manager and/or the Team Lead as appropriate. They are responsible for identifying issues and trends and contributing to the operational delivery of the HC Operations people agenda.
You will be required to develop close relationships with people managers, group/team leaders, operations/business support leaders, HC customer services and other HC colleagues.
Key activity and processes typically include:
- Working with colleagues in the HC Team to prepare and deliver the annual performance, talent and reward review. This includes supporting data validation and benchmarking activities and moderation.
- Acting as a central point of contact initially for the people managers to introduce functional specialist areas such as the employee performance teams.
- Working collaboratively with the wider HC team members and HC leaders. This can include our case management team to ensure employee performance and wellbeing issues are effectively managed.
- Supporting the preparation of data to complete compromise agreements, TVS and redundancy exercises (working with relevant HC contacts).
- Providing support to the business on People and Employee Engagement initiatives.
- Management of all movements both in and out of the business unit (transfers and secondments) in consultation with resourcing and operations contacts where appropriate.
- Management of maternity and paternity leave and providing advice on flexible working applications ensuring all relevant stakeholders have been identified and consulted.
- Ensuring compliance with EU working time regulations, immigration and visa requirements in collaboration with our Global Mobility Team.
- Management of MI reporting; generating, analysing and discussing key trends.
- Cascading relevant HC information within business units.
- Ownership of matters in conjunction with HC Assistants (such as leavers documentation, career breaks, unpaid leave and retirements) and conducting exit interviews for employees.
- Liaising with the Professional Qualification team in the management of student activity.
- Opportunity for working from home? - Occasional
- Opportunity for job sharing? - No
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home - No
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? - Yes
- Amount of time PwC office based - 100%
- Previous experience in an HR generalist role at Officer/Advisor level. With experience in professional services or a large corporate environment an advantage.
- Experience working in a high volume, fast paced environment and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Relevant experience in providing on-the-spot HR advice and support to various stakeholders, as well as experience in dealing with a broad range of employment relations issues.
- Broad generalist knowledge and experience of applying current employment legislation.
- Knowledge of reward and recognition practices including pay and bonus modelling with experience in managing salary review activities.
- High level of numeracy and analytical skills, with an eye for detail.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data.
- Immediate/Advanced Excel Skills desirable.
- CIPD qualified/part qualified or equivalent.
- Pragmatic, diplomatic, sound written skills and a good team player.
- Portray a professional, customer oriented image of HC Operations - Generalist.
- Communicate and interact effectively with customers while displaying empathy and courtesy.
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills, working effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Flexibility and adaptability in both attitude and approach.
- Can plan, prioritise and manage multiple tasks to deadline.
- Ability to manage varying volumes of work and support multiple ongoing cases.
- Take responsibility for developing own knowledge and future career progression within the HC function.
- Willingness to take on extra responsibility with commitment and drive
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity