As the HR Officer you will be providing HR expertise to both fee-earning and support functions, including Audit, Tax, Trusts, Financial Services, Marketing, IT and Maintenance.
You must ideally have some exposure of working within a similar environment including handling a range of employee relations issues, recruitment, training and development and the ability to build strong working relationships and communicate across all levels.
Our client are a fast paced chartered accountancy firm.
Main duties of the HR Officer:
- Recruitment of staff (mainly admin/support level and lower level professional staff), including putting job specifications/adverts together and considering appropriate recruitment methods
- Relationship-building with key recruitment agencies, negotiating fees/terms etc.
- Overseeing absence management including taking absence messages daily, monitoring sickness pay/entitlement, monitoring BI scores over the trigger point, holding meetings with staff with keeping managers informed
- Reporting daily on all activity to the Head of HR, including updating the staff situation report on a regular basis
- Assisting with trainee recruitment. This role will help ensure that all the assessment days are coordinated properly, creating shortlists and meaningful reports. Carrying out telephone interviews and being involved with the assessment days.
- Dealing sensitively with Employee Relations issues, including managing all requests for maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and flexible working.
- Carrying out staff inductions
- Carrying out 3 & 6 month reviews, considering whether staff have successfully completed their probation period and identifying development/training needs
- Carrying out a number of staff appraisals, including writing reports
- Production of memos for changes in terms of conditions of employment - including holiday/bank holiday adjustments
- Research into appropriate training courses and producing training agreements for staff
- Sickness & holiday reconciliations
- Conducting exit Interviews and providing feedback to the Head of HR
- Liaising with inside careers, professional bodies & advertising contacts
- Updating various databases/spreadsheets on a regular basis including Staff Workbook, Graduates, Empower (HRIS) etc.
- Assisting with monthly payroll
- Assisting with charge out rates
- Runabike scheme
- Loan agreements for season tickets
- Childcare vouchers scheme (M&H & external clients)
- Ensuring the website, intranet & Facebook are kept up to date (e.g. policies, vacancies and announcements)
- Provide staff figures to various departments and Partners on request e.g. for annual returns and marketing
- Assisting with staff events
Key competencies of the HR Officer:
- Must be keen to take on responsibility and ownership within the officer role
- Organised with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Hands on and self-motivating
- Approachable and able to operate with professional detachment
- Positive outlook
- People-centric whilst remaining commercially-focused
- Confident and assured in delivery
- Customer-service ethic
- CIPD Qualified (Associate Level or equivalent)
MS Office, Northgate Empower, VPM
A permanent HR Officer role, based in St. Albans with regular travel to Rickmansworth, Milton Keynes & London sites. Expenses will be paid for travel to offices other than St Albans.
Working hours between 08.30-17.00, working 7.5 hours a day
Benefits include - 23 days holiday, pension, Life Assurance 4xsalary.