Reporting to the Senior HR Manager, this role will also play an important client facing strategic and operational role in developing, planning for and delivering organisational and HR projects.
The Human Resources team works in collaboration with the Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development, Recruitment & Resourcing teams.
My client are a leading accountancy and advisory firm based in the city of London
- Primary point of contact for all employees within designated service lines.
- Provide advice and guidance on employee relations issues e.g. disciplinary/grievance matters and performance management. Where necessary, investigate matters and attend/conduct meetings in conjunction with the business.
- Co-ordinate the annual salary review process within your dedicated service lines: meet with Department Heads to discuss, agree and moderate increases across the departments.
- Monitor and review performance appraisals within client groups and continually work with groups to develop grading consistency, ensuring that annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and actions are followed up.
- Liaise with the Senior Resourcing Advisor to keep up to date with progress on recruitment and to ensure you are contributing to the recruitment process. This may include writing job descriptions, preparing interview questions and benchmarking salaries.
- Draft, review and issue terms and conditions of employment to ensure they are compliant with legislation.
- Draft, review and issue consultancy agreements for contractors or service companies.
- Manage and oversee family friendly processes and where necessary; provide advice and guidance to employees in line with statutory legislation and firm policy.
- Manage all flexible working requests in line with the firm's policy, liaising with Department Heads and consider the business needs.
- Conduct exit interviews ensuring relevant information is communicated and fed back to the Department Head appropriately.
- On a quarterly basis produce the exit interview report for the management board, analysing and identifying any trends.
- Actively participate in strategic HR initiatives and departmental activities/projects as directed by the Associate HR Director or Senior HR Manager.
- Keep up-to-date with external developments which may impact strategy e.g. employment law and where necessary undertake research.
- Develop/maintain a detailed knowledge of HR issues through appropriate reading, seminars, networking events and practical experience.
- Solid experience working at Senior Advisor or Manager level.
- Significant project and change management experience focusing on employee relations matters, e.g. organisational restructuring, aligning workforce to business demands, redundancy and TUPE.
- Part or fully CIPD qualified or has commensurate professional experience.
- Good knowledge of employment legislation.
- Collaborative approach, ability to quickly build strong relationships with people at all levels across the business.
- Excellent communication both verbal and written, including preparation of reports and presentations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Professional, credible and responsive.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Perform work with highest levels of confidentiality and integrity.
- Good understanding of the professional services environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on analysis
- Facilitation experience or a willingness to get involved in facilitating induction programmes or other events as and when required
- Has developed a body of knowledge and experience in own area of specialism; starts to provide technical guidance
- Works independently and exercises a degree of judgment and adaptability in own decisions and actions
£45,000 - £50,000