Payroll Manager - Sidcup, South East London
£37,000 + benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Manager to join our HR Shared Services team in Sidcup. Working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment you will ensure the delivery of a timely, accurate and professional payroll service to the Avenues Group of companies.
This role would be perfectly suited to an experienced Payroll professional with a strong understanding of delivering a complex payroll, administering a group pension scheme, including auto-enrolment, and transacting TUPE transfers.
An exemplary people manager you will lead and inspire your team to achieve excellence and foster a collaborative and inclusive working environment.
In return Avenues will support you to get the most from your role and to learn and develop within it. With opportunities to develop your career and access to a comprehensive staff benefits package this is a real opportunity to begin a rewarding career with Avenues Group.
As a Payroll Manager you will:
- Ensure the timely and accurate production of the organisation and third parties payrolls including the production of year-end returns in line with relevant T&Cs, company policy and procedure and in compliance with legislation.
- Ensure the completion of all month-end tasks including the production of scheduled reports, payment and reconciliation of third party deductions etc.
- Be responsible for the prompt and correct notification of monthly salary costs, identification of cost pressures and the production of regular MI reports and any ad-hoc costings.
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the company’s pension scheme – including auto-enrolment.
- Accurately maintain payroll software.
- Remain up-to-date with relevant legislation, identifying any impact to Avenues Group and making recommendations for implementation to the Group HRSS Manager.
- Manage and lead the Payroll Team including recruitment, objective-setting, appraisal and performance management.
The successful candidate will:
- Have demonstrable experience of managing a complex in-house payroll function.
- Have experience of administering final-salary pension scheme(s); ideally LGPS or NHS and Group Personal Pension Plans.
- Have knowledge and experience of carrying out research and data analysis and the use of software to produce regular and ad-hoc MI and reports from a HR/Payroll system.
- Be organised, diligent and able to manage their own workload and work to deadlines.
- Be a confident communicator at all levels to a range of audiences.
- Be an experienced people manager with an inspirational leadership style and a passion for collaborative working.
If you think that sounds like you then apply now by sending your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button.