Employee Relations Specialist
Working within this hugely diverse business you will work closely with the wider HR team to support managers across Kent and Sussex. You will provide support in all areas of Employee Relations as well as working on organisational change projects and supporting TUPE processes.
Our client is a leading provider of environmental solutions with operations in the UK and overseas. They pride themselves on driving innovation in their field in order to offer solutions which focus on sustainability. People are key to their success and this is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking HR function who aim to support the business in achieving their objectives.
Working closely with the HR Business Partner and the wider ER team, you will play a key role in helping to deliver the ER strategy by supporting managers in the following areas:
- To act as a first point of contact for line managers on employee relations (ER) matters, providing specialist advice and solutions in line with current legislation. This will include but not limited to disciplinary, grievances, investigations, restructures and capability. Liaise with the company's legal advisors in relation to more complex cases and support the ER and Policy development manager and external solicitors with the management of employment tribunal claims as required.
- Develop the capacity of line managers to manage ER problems locally, developing management styles to foster positive working relationships with employees, minimising the occurrence of line management problems and issues and fostering a positive climate for ER.
- To coach and develop managers to be competent and consistent in their execution of Veolia's HR policies and procedures encouraging problems to be dealt with informally and as soon as possible, rather than allowing situations to escalate.
- To proactively manage and support the company in relation to all elements of TUPE and Mergers and Acquisitions. Ensuring all relevant processes are followed and compliance is met.
- To foster and support a partnership relationship with the unions at local level. To form part of the negotiations team for local pay negotiations and to identify with unions and contract managers joint initiatives and proactively participate in quarterly ER climate meetings.
This is a varied role which will give the successful candidate exposure to all areas of the business.
In order to be considered for this Employee Relations Specialist role you have a generalist background but with a real focus on Employee Relations. You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven ER experience including advising on complex disciplinary and grievance issues with the ability to apply the relevant legal principles and risk assessment.
- Experience of supporting large scale organisational change and restructuring programmes including TUPE, redundancy and contractual variations.
- Experience of partnering with trade unions and a good understanding of the trade union framework and collective bargaining.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact across all levels of management.
Basic salary - £45,000 - £50,000 plus car and other benefits