Cathedral Appointments are seeking an experienced HR Advisor for a leading UK company on a 12 month maternity cover contract. Reporting directly to the HR Manager, you will provide advice to managers and support to employees. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an industry-leading business in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Previous experience of working in a multi-site, operational role would be an advantage. We are seeking an individual with excellent communication skills, who excels in a challenging, busy role.
- Support the Head of HR and HR Business Partner in the provision of day-to-day HR advice to operational managers
- Provide sound HR advice in relation to absence, health issues, conduct, grievance matters and organisational change
- Develop and nurture productive relationships with stakeholders at all levels, including employee representatives; remaining credible and professional at all times
- Lead the management of casework relating to sickness absence; this includes making recommendations, offering advice and support to management, liaising with Occupational Health, case review meetings and dismissal hearings
- Advise managers on recruitment and selection processes
- Recent experience within a similar role, providing advice and support on HR policies
- CIPD Qualified or part qualified and actively working towards the full qualification
- Strong working knowledge of employment law
- Experience of case management, including disciplinary, grievance, performance and occupational health cases
- Computer literate with all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Confident verbal and written communicator, able to influence employees at all levels
- Full driving license and able to travel, with the occasional night away from home
This role is based in our client’s Manchester office, and the successful candidate will be happy to travel to other UK locations when necessary. The post holder will come from a strong Generalist background with an emphasis on Employee Relations and Case Management. If you have the skills and experience required, we would love to hear from you.
Keywords: HR, Human Resources, HR Advisor, HR Adviser, CIPD, CIPD Level 5, CIPD Level 7, Full Time, HR Generalist, Market Leading, Employment Law, Case Management, Organisational Change