Senior HR & Training Manager - Hook Norton, Banbury
Senior HR & Training Manager
Full time role
c. £40k - £43k plus Healthcare, Pension & Pool Car
To support our continuing growth and expansion, Thomas Franks require a CIPD qualified HR professional to expand our focus on delivering Client focussed HR strategies to our fantastic regional operations teams. Working alongside our creative and passionate Regional Directors, either in the North or South & Greater London, this role will report to the Part-time HR Director, support our HR Officers and will encompass the following key responsibilities:
- Develop and build strong, professional relationships with our management teams and regularly participate in Senior team meetings, leading people development and resource plans alongside the Regional Directors and HR Director,
- Provide commercially focussed advice and support to the management team on all Employee Relations issues in line with Company procedures including performance management, disciplinary, grievance, redundancy, change management, absence and sickness absence issues
- Raise and improve Managers awareness of current and new Employment Legislation and in particular, embedding strong Safeguarding and due diligence practices across our Education portfolio,
- Analyse and Identify trends and proactively address issues of high turnover, sickness and cost savings with the Business
- Working with the business, leading from an HR perspective on restructuring & change management, including developing strategies and training interventions to build high performing, communicative teams who fully encompass our client expectations,
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with any local Trade Union representatives and employee forums, ensuring effective consultation is conducted.
- Liaising with Operations Manager and Directors to assess, align, co-ordinate, design and deliver effective training interventions to meet the business needs, in conjunction with our Training Advisor.
- Advise and influence reward and retention strategies to meet the business goals,
- Lead, communicate and actively engage in Investors in People Accreditation,
- Report to The Board on HR performance in line with business objectives and actively manage and promote special projects and activities as required for a cohesive People Management System.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An approachable and friendly individual, with a desire to make a difference in an ever changing, client focussed service environment where are teams are our most precious asset.
- A proven HR / Training professional with experience preferably gained within a commercial and/or contract catering environment
- Strong Employee Relations experience and the ability to both lead, coach and influence line managers effectively
- Experience with TUPE and/or Acquisitions
- Strong generalist HR background and experience of complex HR issues including redundancies, dismissals, grievances and change management and up-to-date knowledge of UK Employment Law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English) and able to articulate and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience of working in multi-site/mobile/remote capacity. This role will require flexibility and will include travelling to locations within England and Wales and occasionally Scotland
- Experience in a group training capacity with the ability to design and deliver bespoke interventions for line managers and staff.
- Ability to influence key decision-makers and to challenge when necessary
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and use own initiative
- Team player but able to work autonomously and make own decisions
- Ability to lead and support in a hands-on capacity when required.
- Experience of presenting to potential clients
- Ideally with experience of IIP
If you are ready for your next development move, have a passion for fabulous fresh food and outstanding service and are keen to use your skills and experience to enhance our people strategies, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send a current CV and covering letter by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
This role is based in Hook Norton in Oxfordshire and will require an Enhanced DBS Certificate in relation to our work in education environments. We will also require references covering a complete five year period from the date of application and overseas checks for any period of residence or work in any country outside of the UK.