Talent & Recruitment Manager
My client is a leading Global Manufacturing organisation who is looking to appoint a Talent and Recruitment Manager. This newly formed role will oversee three key areas; Recruitment, Talent Management and the development of the Graduate & Apprenticeship programme.
What is the purpose of the role?
Support the Head of HR in driving forward the HR strategy by coordinating the design and implementation of simple and impactful Company-wide talent management initiatives to include talent identification, development and succession planning processes. The role holder will coordinate all activities aligned to the Company graduate internship campaign and apprenticeship program, and the attraction, interviewing, assessing and on-boarding of all new Company hires. Be responsible for all end-to-end recruitment and selection activities with a view to ensuring the right candidates are recruited, at the right time, and at the right cost to our business.
How you will be measured:
Principal accountabilities for measurement include:
- Coordinating the Company talent management review process to support the business identify and develop its top and emerging talent population, and accelerate succession depth and readiness to step into critical roles
- Developing transparent career development pathways for key talent employees, including the creation of learning solutions to accelerate potential of those concerned
- Building relationships with 3rd party recruitment agencies and suppliers to create diverse sources of talent, and credible recruitment and talent development solutions
- Responsibility for graduate internships and apprenticeship programs to include coordinating recruitment campaigns and all selection assessments and placement processes
In this role you are accountable for:
- Developing and tracking talent management metrics and preparing regular reports for review by senior stakeholders. Creates analytics to measure success of talent initiatives
- Coordinating the design, use and maintenance of talent and succession planning templates, and serving as the HR front-line support to all ongoing senior stakeholder talent queries
- Creating HR communications, training and development materials to support the effective and standardised deployment of talent management initiatives company-wide
- Researching best practice and providing input into decisions about revising current processes to deliver stronger bench strength and improved talent readiness for all critical roles
- Administering talent surveys and feedback tools (e.g. 360 degree reviews) to measure employee engagement, talent development and the application of ongoing learning
Recruitment and Induction:
- Coordinating the creation of robust position profiles for all critical roles, and introducing mentoring and coaching support programs for talent, particularly in Manufacturing
- Promoting a positive Company brand through the cost effective use of external recruitment advertising on job boards, social media and all other relevant media formats
- Sourcing UK government funding streams wherever possible to leverage opportunities to deliver apprenticeships and other talent development programs on a cost neutral basis
- Developing a robust and standardised induction for all new hires including a best 1stday and 1s tweek induction process, and sign-posts for new hire 6-month probationary periods
- Monitoring and reporting HR updates for resourcing and talent development campaigns and feeding any evaluation outcomes into ongoing continuous improvement activity
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have:
- Graduate CIPD qualified, with 5 years practitioner experience of driving company-wide talent management programs and working closely with senior leaders to satisfy resource needs
- Experience of implementing a range of recruitment and selection methodologies, including innovative sourcing solutions, and competency-based interviewing techniques
- Experience of coordinating graduate internships and apprenticeship programs, and identifying, selecting and maintaining an effective network of recruitment contacts
- Knowledge of social media channels to generate suitable candidate lists, and has the ability to compile and interpret data sets and prepare insightful, user-friendly update reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate, collaborate, influence and work effectively with all senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical thinker, demonstrating the ability to interpret business needs into credible resourcing solutions
- Creative problem solver, strong business acumen and project management skills, and consistently delivers results under pressure while handling multiple competing priorities
This is a great role within a growing Global Manufacturing business. This role will pay a base salary of £45,000 - £55,000 + package.