Senior HR Manager - Hammersmith, London
Senior HR Manager
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally.
We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile, and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
In this role, you will Providing overall Human Resources leadership and business partnership in the assigned geography (Northern Europe, including France& Benelux, working closely with leaders on managing a comprehensive talent management strategy including: effective business partnership with leaders based in supported countries; consistent deployment of Global HR practices, talent acquisition (recruitment & selection strategies as well as vendor management solutions), organizational development (structure, resource planning and talent management), performance management (goal alignment, productivity, engagement, employee relations and communications), Labor relations, Employment compliance in the assigned countries. Lead the team of HR professionals in assigned countries.
- Work as key advisor to business leaders to determine best approaches to leadership and organization development, organization change, succession planning, recruitment, talent development and strategic HR issues across assigned countries
- Partner closely with regional business leaders, regional HRBPs and Strategic HRBPs to maintain a stable environment in all countries that enables employees to work at their fullest potential, by designing strategies and conducting effective WU Employment brand in the countries you support and effective labor relations activities
- Partner closely with the HR Centers of Excellence (Hire, Grow, Reward, HR Operations, and HR Shared Services) to synthesize and streamline HR Initiatives across the business, in alignment with business goals.
- Serve as a key advisor to HR Leadership team on Voice of the Customer from the countries you support
- Support establishment, implementation, and adoption of HR Shared Services Center to ensure great Employee Experience and operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Manage the team of HR Managers and Generalists in the countries you support: recruit, select, orient, train, coach, and discipline, determine production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; resolve problems; implement change.
- Experienced of progressive responsibility in human resources management and administration for a large sized, multinational firm or major corporate division.
- Graduate Degree in Business or Human Resources strongly preferred.
- Strong business orientation and understanding of global market dynamics.
- Strong organizational effectiveness skills (group dynamics, new business development, cross-matrix expertise).
- Ability to develop, present and influence strategic plans and policies to senior management coupled with the proven capability to implement.
- Experience working within a highly matrixed US multinational organization where roles and accountabilities can be ambiguous.
- Experience in fast-passed environment where ability to take decisions and have sound judgement.
An attractive base salary is on offer depending on skills and experience and a comprehensive benefits package. As a member of our team you will be also be involved in our global employee recognition program.
Growth and innovation are the story of our past, and they will define our future so if you are looking to be part of an exciting and innovative organization where your hard work can make a difference then please apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button – we would love to hear from you.