Senior People Business Partner
Are you a commercial, inquisitive and bright Senior HRBP looking to join an exciting and growing FinTech business with fabulous offices in central London?
My client, a growing and award-winning FinTech business with an exciting mission, is looking to recruit a Senior HRBP with technology or Financial Services experience who will demonstrate intellectual curiosity about the business units they support, and will be driven by a desire to influence through data, and drive people programmes that have a direct impact on the business. Examples include helping to develop innovative people initiatives, driving organisational effectiveness and providing guidance about scaling effective teams in a high growth business.
By insisting on the highest standards, you'll earn the trust of others by delivering credible, commercial processes and projects for the organisation. You will partner with with managers to understand their business needs across all aspects of people management by providing examples of good practice, influencing thinking, offering solutions and developing effective HR practices, supporting line managers to implement and embed the new practices.
- Operate as the key HR contact for the leaders in the designated business units
- Provide insightful, strategic and relevant business partnering activities to the client group as agreed with the CPO and the People Team
- Collaborate with the business units to develop and deliver the People Strategy aligned with business objectives taking into account the economic, legislative and regulatory environments
- Drive people discussions, implement actions and provide coaching to line managers on all people disciplines including but not limited to: performance development and capability, employee engagement, workforce planning, employee relations, talent management, succession planning and compensation and benefits
- Work with the business with organisational change and development as necessary, influencing and challenging managers where required for business success
- Create plans which drive engagement
- Provide compensation guidance including salary planning, promotions and job re-levelling assistance
- Lead and manage projects within the business units and People team as required
- Review and analyse business metrics including data on retention and employee experience, to identify issues or improvements to the employee experience. Develop and implement solutions
- Identify appropriate learning interventions and research and recommend solutions, supporting the development and implementation of learning initiatives to support ongoing succession
- Project manage the annual review process and provides assistance and coaching to line managers on the effective handling of the performance cycle, from setting objectives to handling discussions
- Update and improve employment policies & procedures in line with legislation. Ensures correct communication and implementation, and acts as an internal consultant assisting line managers to understand the impact of those policies and procedures
- Support the implementation and ongoing development of all online systems (HRIS, development, engagement tools etc)
- Collaborate and promote teamwork with the People Team and share knowledge and expertise
- Oversee and review payroll monthly to ensure accuracy
- Build and leverage internal and external networks to facilitate well-formed business decisions and good practice
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Significant HR experience gained at business partner level ideally within a high volume, fast paced and customer focused environment.
- A strong background in technology or Financial Services is essential to apply.
- Progressive thinker, customer-driven with the credibility and gravitas to influence and persuade line managers
- Demonstrated ability to translate business strategy and goals into optimal HR processes that are scalable, simple, customer-focused and adaptable to unique and changing business needs
- Proven ability to diagnose issues, drawing on both professional experience and strategic thinking skills, and drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative
- Ability to influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization, change thinking, gain acceptance from others and drive change
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; experience of managing and analysing HR metrics to find root causes and of developing and implementing short, medium and long-term plans
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels
- Demonstrable track record of motivating others and influencing work behaviours
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level of energy and sense of humour
- Intellectually curious; bring valuable insight into the team and the business
- Strong working knowledge of UK employment law
- Collaborative and sharing workstyle
- Familiar with and able to work in a fast paced, fast growing tech environment
- Hands-on attitude, and flexible and adaptable
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proactive attitude
- Flexible approach with a "can do" attitude
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Senior People Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly