Are you a commercial, inquisitive and progressive L&D Manager looking to join an exciting and growing FinTech business with fabulous offices in central London?
My client, a growing and award-winning FinTech business with an exciting mission, is looking to recruit a Senior L&D Manager with solid technology experience who will demonstrate intellectual curiosity about the business units they support, and will be driven by a desire to influence through data, and drive learning programmes that have a direct impact on the business. Examples include helping to develop innovative people initiatives, driving organisational effectiveness and providing guidance about scaling effective teams in a high growth business.
We are looking for a Learning & Development Manager who will be responsible for developing the company learning and development strategic plan. Engaging with the business to design, develop and deliver a learning and development programme, to include technical, management and soft skills training with the aim of improving the performance of the business. Your plan will contribute to the attraction and retention of employees, within a fast moving, flexible, largely millennial workforce.
Responsible for producing ongoing strategic and individual training plans and coordinating the implementation of activities and interventions, your role will liase closely with CPO and other key internal stakeholders as required, and will include the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the identification, management and coordination of external training partners to deliver the business development, client service, financial management, risk and compliance training strategy
- Designing and delivering training courses in-house
- Familiarity with and proven use of 'bite-sized learning' - design, delivery and promotion of relevant material
- Co-ordinating the roll-out of ad-hoc or annual company-wide training e.g. diversity training, mandatory training
- Proactively promoting training activity, its success and value to all partners and employees
- Establish appropriate methods to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all training interventions, whether delivered in-house or via external partners
- Manage the training budget, including producing an annual budget and monitoring monthly
- Responsible for the content and design of the training page on the intranet
- Identify suitable training providers and venues, negotiating terms and maintain a contacts database
- Driving forward, and embedding the new LMS system, supporting the ongoing development and maintenance of this system
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Strong training management skills, with a proven track record in the successful design and delivery of training courses, either alone, or in conjunction with external providers
- Solid background of operating within a technology environment.
- Recognised training qualification
- Strong understanding of the learning and development and training cycle
- Extensive experience in designing and creating innovative training interventions
- Interpersonal effectiveness, including strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong coaching and delivery skills
- Experience of designing a learning strategy that delivers against business objectives
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level of energy and sense of humour
- Experience of working within a fast paced, rapidly growing tech/business environment
- Hands-on attitude, and flexible and adaptable
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Intellectually curious; bring valuable insight into the team and the business
- Proactive attitude
- Flexible approach with a "can do" attitude
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.