HR Advisor - part time
Hr Advisor role based in Newcastle City Centre.
Role is 3 days per week, however my client is flexible on the working pattern.
Professional services business with a broad reach.
- manage recruitment for your client group, working closely with the Recruitment Advisor.
- advise and assist with the appropriate selection techniques for vacancies within your client group
- manage the local graduate recruitment program in conjunction with the Recruitment team - including running of assessment centres, interviewing graduates and the management of relationships with universities/other key stakeholders, and attendance at careers fairs
- ensure that existing policies and procedures are adhered to and provide advice with regard to their application
- take part in national projects as required
- take part or lead on-going local projects e.g. 360 feedback, performance management, talent management etc.
- take part in or work independently on regional projects
- provide advice and guidance to the Partners and Managers to support them in dealing with difficult performance issues up to compromise agreement stage
- ensure that legal and firm requirements are met and risk managed commercially
- undertake redundancy, disciplinary and grievances investigations.
- provide mediation and outplacement support nationally
- ensure that local office managers/risk assessors are implementing best practice e.g. work station assessments, manual handling training, first aider / fire marshal training etc.
- provide advice to line managers regarding complex occupational health
- Make full use of the HR system to identify and deliver regular reporting to HR Manager as well as the Directors and Managers e.g. absence trends, recruitment sources and costings, retention etc.
- in conjunction with the team,ensure that an appropriate local induction program is put together for every joiner and review 3 monthly feedback (with advice to line managers about changes/improvements)
- conduct exit interview's where required
- review exit interview feedback and work with line managers to identify trends and areas for future action
- A Graduate with a relevant degree and/ or appropriate professional qualification (desired)
- Experienced of managing and overseeing appraisal processes and appraisal moderation meetings
- Experience of working at HR Advisor level in a generalist role
- Experience of investigating disciplinaries and grievances, and conducting redundancies and general consultations, maternity, paternity, flex working, absence management
- Experience of professional or financial services environment
- Experience of overseeing a salary review process, challenging and chairing salary review meetings with senior stakeholders, conducting salary benchmarking
- Experience of working independently from line manager
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Understanding of employment law in relation to HR
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Occasional travel to the wider region when required
£30,000 FTE + benefits