The company has grown both organically and through acquisition and maintains a strong, well known brand in its sector. The HR department consists of senior management, regional HR BPs and site-based HR Assistants supporting the business and the HR BPs in a unionised, largely blue collar environment.
The HR Assistant position is a truly generalist position within the organisation, and these roles have been created through business change and growth. You will be responsible for the administration and co-ordination of all activities pertaining to the employee life-cycle and may receive queries and tasks from a wide range of contacts based in the company's sites anywhere in the country. Aside from this, you will be involved in recruitment, training initiatives, and wider project-based work as and when required by the HR BP population.
As HR Assistant your duties will involve:
* Full employee life-cycle HR Administration
* First line of HR support for all queries pertaining to company HR Policies and Procedures
* Collating and distributing HR Data
* Assisting in Recruitment Co-ordination
* Assisting in L&D and Event Co-ordination
* Assisting the HR BP team with ER casework and wider HR project work
* Exit interviews
* Maintaining the HR Data within the company system
To be successful in this position, you will ideally possess:
* HR Co-ordinator or HR Assistant Experience
* CIPD L3
* Strong verbal and written English
* Experience working in an industrial, blue collar, unionised environment
* Able to work at pace in a fast-paced environment
* Strong organisational skills
* A good sense of humour
As such, this is a varied and fast-paced generalist position which will best suit an HR Assistant or HR Co-ordinator from a similar fast-paced environment with a background in blue collar, unionised environments.
In return, my client is offering a competitive base of £20k - £21500k plus benefits.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.