The purpose of the In-House Recruiter is to support the Resourcing Manager by leading the recruitment process for all non-Manager grade vacancies, working in conjunction with line management in order to ensure that high calibre staff are appointed in a timely and cost effective manner.
This role would be suitable to an individual with either agency or in-house exposure, ideally recruiting within professional services.
A leading firm within the financial services sector.
As the In-House Recruiter (based in Cambridge), your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the recruitment and selection of all non-manager roles, working with hiring managers to identify and define needs, brief external partners, draft and place adverts, oversee screening and participate in interviews (as required), clarify and negotiate salary and benefits relating to the role in order to ensure the timely appointment of high calibre individuals to meet business needs.
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships, acting as a mentor to line managers on recruitment processes and procedures, guiding them through the hiring process in order to optimise hiring decisions and minimise corporate exposure in the appointment of staff.
- Support the recruitment of graduates for our graduate Programme by screening applications and conducting telephone and face/face interviews.
- Support key recruitment projects and hiring campaigns as necessary, using previous exposure and knowledge to contribute positively to the success of the project by ensuring that tasks assigned are delivered to a high standard and within agreed deadlines
- Monitor the Firm's recruitment inbox, responding to incoming enquiries in a timely manner and processing applications.
- Liaise with recruitment agencies/candidates to set up interviews including booking room and sending out pre interview documentation
- Produce draft offers of employment and contracts for approval
Person specification of the In-House Recruiter:
Work Based Competencies:
- Solid in-house recruitment exposure with significant exposure of working directly with line managers to develop resourcing solutions
- Exposure of managing up to 40 live vacancies simultaneously
- Recruitment exposure gained in a Professional/Financial Services environment is desirable.
- Has a detailed knowledge of assessment tools and interviewing techniques
- Exposure of dealing with third party suppliers and fee rates/terms and conditions
- Exposure of Graduate recruitment programmes
- Excellent PC skills (including all Microsoft Office Applications - Word, PowerPoint, Excel and recruitment database exposure)
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a confident and articulate communicator and presenter to internal/external audiences, exercising appropriate discretion in dealing with people at all levels
- Ability to build effective working relationships (internally/externally), establishing credibility amongst candidates, agencies, hiring managers, universities etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs
- Able to organise self, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, completing tasks to tight deadlines. Demonstrates a 'can do' attitude
- Comfortable taking ownership for own work, identifying the need for action (using initiative) whilst working effectively within a team.
A fast-paced 12 month FTC role, based in Cambridge. Working hours of 9.00 - 17.30, Monday to Friday.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.
- 25 days Holiday pro-rata depending on qualification status (ability to purchase up to 5 extra days annually under our flexible benefits scheme).
- Life Assurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Free Parking.
- Social Activities/Charitable Events.
- A Relaxed and Professional Environment.