To support the HR Advisor and HR Consultant in providing a comprehensive HR support to managers and staff at Premier Media Group.
The role involves providing HR administrative support on a day-to-day basis across the full HR generalist remit and contributing to the long term development of the HR function.
You will be involved with new starters & leavers paperwork, contracts, recruitment and payroll preparation.
LOCATION: London (SW1)
HOURS OF WORK: 9:15am – 5:15pm (35 hours p/w)
CONTRACT: 6 months FTC
REPORTING TO: HR Advisor
SALARY: £20,000 – 22,000pa depending on skills and experience
HR Generalist Administration
- To maintain an accurate HR filing system for all employees
- Process employee requests and provide relevant information
- Co-ordinate HR projects & meetings
- Responsible for producing all HR documentation/ letters – new starter & leavers, contracts, variations in terms
- Responsible for raising PO’s
- Coordinating documents for HR processes – appraisals, bonus, probation
- Other ad-hoc duties
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data e.g. leavers, starters, absences etc.
- Ensure all vacancies are advertised in appropriate publications; liaise with line managers on updating job descriptions and the recruitment process
- Respond to all applicants, arrange interviews, take references and send follow up letters
- Liaise with agencies to hire temporary and casual staff as required
- To ensure annual performance reviews and quarterly performance follow-up meetings are conducted by line managers with all staff
- To file performance reviews and details of follow up meetings
- To ensure that annual performance reviews include updates of job descriptions which are reflected in updated contracts
- To assist the HR Advisor with administration for Premiers E-days, a web-based system for recording holidays and sick absence
- Assist staff as necessary in the use of e-days and run any necessary training
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time after discussion with the post holder.
Qualifications & Experience
- HR experience and skills essential including knowledge of Employment Law
- Relevant HR qualifications desirable e.g. CIPD Certificate in Human Resource Practice
- Proven experience of handling confidential information and data
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels
Abilities & Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills
- Competent in researching and resourcing
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proven administration, multi-tasking, and prioritising skills
- IT literacy in Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Able to work under pressure
- High level of commitment and dedication
- The post-holder will work in a Christian environment. Therefore it will be necessary for the post-holder to have respect for the Christian faith, its values and be in sympathy with our organisational aims
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.
COMPANY BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Premier is the UK’s leading Christian media house. We broadcast Premier Christian Radio nationwide on DAB digital radio, Freeview and online as well as Premier Gospel on DAB radio in London and online. We also publish magazines serving the Christian community, including Premier Christianity, in print and digital editions, as well as Premier Youth & Chrildren’s Work
Our websites have a combined average weekly traffic of around 40,000 visits and provide on demand audio and video. Premier Lifeline: the national Christian helpline is one of the UK’s top 10 helplines by number of calls. Premier is wholly owned by the charity Premier Christian Media Trust.
We work in a fast-moving and demanding multimedia office environment, changing and reacting to news and technology by the day.