Employment Policy & Capability Development Manager
Global pioneering organisation based in Cambridge.
Lead UK employment policy development and continuous improvement of current employment policies, identifying gaps in all areas.
As mentioned our client is transforming their business to become global leaders in their core markets. Engaging members of their community to buy into their strategic plans, inspiring them to share their journey, is key to achieving their aims. You will have an integral part to play in creating and developing a positive employee relations strategy
- You will lead UK employment policy development, in conjunction with the UK ER Manager and lead a programme of continuous improvement of current employment policies and identify / fill gaps in employment policy areas.
- Agreeing policy principles and ensure all policies are developed in-line with those principles, especially the simplicity agenda.
- Partnering with HR Services to understand the issues line managers require more support with & implement appropriate solutions, designing and implementing a capability programme to transfer capability to the line to manage ER matters more effectively / efficiently, including an annual skills audit / gap analysis. Working with internal / external L&D providers to design & deliver appropriate programmes for managers of UK employees.
- Linking with all other countries to ensure policy and practices are in-line with company ethics, values, codes, principles and standards, working with legal / external legal to understand legislative changes & impact on policy development.
- You will lead the design and delivery of the line manager on-line resources / tools to enable line managers to be able to carry out ER related matters effective & efficiently.
- Maintaining an ER operations to identify where most resources / money is spent throughout the ER operation and where investment / changes could reduce costs / improve ROI.
- Linking with all HR areas to integrate the policy agenda and link with employee engagement team and support organisational action planning from the employee engagement survey.
- Significant experience developing policies in the UK for highly complex / matrixed organisations
- Experience of leading policy development programmes
- Experience of developing / leading programmes designed to improve line manager capability / reduce costs of doing ER operations
- Highly competent at stakeholder and relationship management
- Ability to do cost modelling
£60K - £70K salary + competitive benefits package