HR Manager - Peterborough
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile, and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
You will work as an advisor for functional leaders to determine the best approaches of leadership and organization development, organization change, succession planning, recruitment, talent development and strategic HR issues as well as establish and implement strategic employee relations platform to ensure high employee satisfaction and productivity levels.
You will need to partner with local and global HR colleagues to apply consistent HR business strategies. Also, you will collaborate closely with the HR Centres of Excellence (HRIS, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Compensation and Benefits, Payroll, etc.) in synthesizing and streamlining HR initiatives across the business, in alignment with key business goals. Your responsibility will be to develop and administer effective HR programs that support the company’s objectives as well as communicate and ensure the uniform and consistent application of corporate policies and procedures, adhere to guidelines and legal regulations
- Work as key advisor to business leaders to determine best approaches to leadership and organization development, organization change, succession planning, recruitment, talent development and strategic HR issues across assigned countries
- Partner closely with regional business leaders, regional HRBPs and Functional HRBPs to maintain a stable environment in all countries that enables employees to work at their fullest potential, by designing strategies and conducting effective WU employment brand in the countries you support and effective labour relations activities
- Partner closely with the HR Centres of Excellence (Hire, Grow, Reward, HR Operations, and HR Shared Services) to synthesize and streamline HR Initiatives across the business, in alignment with business goals
- Serve as a key advisor to the HR Leadership Team on ‘Voice of the Customer’ from the countries you support
- Support establishment, implementation, and adoption of the HR Shared Services to ensure great Employee Experience and operational effectiveness and efficiencies
You have a solid HR functional or overall HR Generalist background. Experience in international environment would be an advantage. You demonstrate a good understanding of local employment law and legislation. Also, flexibility and resiliency is required in the face of change and business
pressures. The right candidate will need to demonstrate a strong business acumen, with the ability to influence. It is expected that you are skilled in providing consultative support and service to business units on all matters that impact employees and organizational performance. You demonstrate good communication and presentation skills and possess proven and trustworthy track record. Strong organizational effectiveness skills (group dynamics, new business development and cross-matrix expertise) are important along with time and project management skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
An attractive base salary is on offer depending on skills and experience and a comprehensive benefits package. As a member of our team you will be also be involved in our global employee recognition program.
Growth and innovation are the story of our past, and they will define our future so if you are looking to be part of an exciting and innovative organization where your hard work can make a difference then please apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button – we would love to hear from you.