Legal HR Advisor
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide HR advice, support and coaching on all aspects of employee relations to Business Services and Practice Groups as necessary ensuring that any advice given is in line with firm policy and best practice;
- Integrate and build strong relationships within assigned Business Services and Practice Groups developing insight and understanding of specific group requirements, and how they work, to enable them to deliver the most appropriate commercial solution;
- Support the Practice Operations Managers with operational issues including resource management, and implementation of firm policies and processes;
- Take a lead role in a wide range of HR issues including disciplinary, grievance, performance management, absence, bespoke working requests, and conducting maternity meetings and exit interviews;
- Provide advice and coaching to senior management and employees;
- Participate and, where appropriate, lead on best practice projects in relation to HR strategy;
- Continuously review/develop and implement all HR processes, policies and procedures;
- Work closely with senior management to identify, support and facilitate Global Mobility of staff within assigned Business Services and Practice Groups.
- Supervise and mentor HR and Learning & Development Administrator, delegating tasks as necessary;
- Continuously develop commercial understanding of practice areas;
- Produce accurate and high quality data for wider publication in user friendly format;
- Any other reasonable duties delegated by the HR Management team.
Key skills and experience
- Established Employee Relations experience with at least two years' experience at Advisor level;
- Excellent and up to date knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and its practical application;
- Experience and confidence in taking a lead role in conducting disciplinary, grievance and performance management meeting;
- Experience of providing both a results-orientated service and creative and pragmatic solutions to HR issues;
- CIPD qualified.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.