Head of HR Operations
Head of HR Operations
A new opportunity is now available within a leading Financial Services business based in the City. The business is looking for a Head of HR Operations whose role will be to lead, manage and develop the HR Operations Team and to help them achieve their goal of being a trusted department committed to providing a first class HR service to their client groups.
The position will be a #2 role to the Head of Business Management and will work to deliver a unified service across Ops, Payroll and HR systems. The position will be a HR operations expert and will be able to come into the business and apply their previous experience in this area to make the department operate more smoothly and also suggest improvements in ways of working.
The business has also had some large scale operational changes and part of this role will be to harmonise ways of working and creating a universal approach.
We are looking for candidates that have strong experience within HR ops/Shared Services ideally within the Financial Services sector or a regulated industry. Experience in a large business with a matrixed reporting structure is also essential. Workday experience is highly desirable as well change management, stakeholder influencing and counsel, managing and leading a team, a commercial business savvy approach and desire to run a best in class function.
*This role is seen as the natural successor to the individual managing the function at the moment so there is a clear progression opportunity down the line.
- Lead, manage and develop the HR Operations team
- Manage the timely and accurate delivery and workflow of all core HR transactional activity including:
- Process HR data including, staff vetting, benefits administration etc.
- Document production of contracts of employment, production of reference letters.
- Production of large volume employee communications e.g. compensation letters, and management of peaks of activity e.g. promotions cycle, graduate intake.
- Ensure data held in HR systems is accurate.
- Manage employee queries relating to HR process and policy including absence, and delivery of maternity discussions and exit interviews.
- Management of the HR Operations inbox.
- Process ownership and improvement of all transactional activities.
- Support HR Management in the successful delivery of projects including process change, administrative support for large employee exercises.
- Identification, change management and implementation of system enhancements and process re-engineering.
- Drive the development of an integrated Operations team, aligning processes and establishing a universal approach to operations activities.
- Identify quick wins and long term plans for moving to aligned approach.
- Engagement with HR Business Partners and to agree consistent delivery model.
- Ensure that HR Operations processes are compliant with all regulatory, policy and legislative requirements.
- Lead and manage the integrated operations team
- Be an ambassador for the business vision and bringing it to life.
- Financial Services experience or experience working in a regulated environment.
- Strong HR Operations / Shared Service background. An HR operations expert.
- Previous experience of managing and motivating a diverse team.
- Prior experience within a large, matrixed business.
- Experience of supporting a large population.
- Can bring ideas and new ways of working to the table.
- Systems / process integration experience is highly advantageous.
- Has previously worked in a fast paced environment.
- Can use economies of scale.
- Strong stakeholder management experience.
- Exemplary leader.
- Technology savvy - Workday advanced.
- Can work and thrive in a changing environment.
- Good team ethic.
- Sense of humour and professionalism.