Responsible for all human resource functions and people development activity.
Your new company
To be responsible for all human resource functions and people development activity, ensuring that all activities meet business needs, comply with prevailing legislation and ensuring attraction and development within great people, whilst reporting into the HR Director.
Your new role
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the HR team ensuring that all employees are appropriately motivated, trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
- Monitor team performance to ensure that activities support the achievement of corporate objectives and ensure that appropriate action is taken to address performance issues.
- Ensure the company retain all existing external accreditations (IiP, Disability Confident, Committed to Equality) and apply for others as business needs dictate.
- Develop and implement HR policies and strategies which support business goals and ensure that these are communicated and implemented throughout the company in a way that supports corporate objectives.
- Oversee the maintenance of comprehensive HR records to ensure compliance with data protection, equal opportunities and other legal requirements.
- Provide a comprehensive HR advisory service to managers and directors to ensure that the company follows best practice in management of its staff and to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Keep abreast of changes to employment legislation and provide accurate advice to all staff including making recommendations and advising the Directors of the implications of legal changes and co-ordinate the implementation of these changes.
- Oversee the efficient and accurate running of monthly payroll.
- Offer advice to management and employees on performance and other employment-related issues & oversee disciplinary action responses.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
What you'll need to succeed
- A relevant CIPD/HR degree-level qualification or significant experience in a similar role
- Proven human resources management experience
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Driving Licence and use of a car
- Experience in the work based learning or commercial training sector - Desirable
- Experience in an Ofsted environment - Desirable
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.