Senior HR Advisor
As a Senior HR Advisor, you will be responsible for providing local support to a Technology and Middle Office client group which can span strategy to delivery & execution of HR operational deliverables. In this generalist role, you will support managers and colleagues across the range of HR activities with a particular focus on Talent Management / Development, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, and Employee Relations, thereby enabling the attraction and retention of "best-in-class" talent. This is accomplished through a cohesive partnership with all functions within HR.
What will your essential responsibilities include:
- Cultivating effective working relationships with the business (Platform - middle office / technology) by advising business leaders on people-management and employee relations issues, training and development, in alignment with current HR initiatives.
- Challenging, provoking and coaching business leaders as required on how to engage colleagues, how to address people issues and how to build people capabilities effectively.
- Proactively implementing and developing HR strategic and tactical plans to support business goals specifically with regard to staffing, retention, training, learning and development, global mobility and employee relations.
- Partner with the Employment Relations team in guiding and coaching managers on a range of employee issues, ensuring a fair and consistent approach within parameters of legal obligations and corporate/local policies.
- Partnering with the Global Compensation team to advise managers on salary, long term incentives, and promotions.
- Support managers as required in the sourcing, selection, and hiring of world-class talent. This may include managing the headcount approval process, advising on resourcing strategies and global mobility matters, and designing compensation packages. All of this will be done in close partnership with the internal Talent Acquisition team.
- Partnering with Talent Management on training needs analyses, identifying development solutions, and coordinating talent management activities within allocated groups in conjunction with management and HR leadership while ensuring alignment with strategic priorities.
- Supporting managers and colleagues on the annual performance management process and on sustaining performance management activities throughout the year while using these activities to build and maintain knowledge of "key talent" within allocated groups.
- Managing and/or contributing to local and/or global projects and strategic initiatives both in support of the HRBP and as part of the HRM/HRA network, as required.
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Substantial experience of progressively responsible and varied HR experience ideally in a global matrix environment, preferably in financial services, the insurance industry or the tech industry.
- A keen interest or understanding of technology in order to relate to your client group.
- Solid HR foundational skills in employee relations, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation, and workforce planning.
- Solid understanding of UK employment law keeping abreast of significant developments that impact upon the workplace including TUPE (in and out) / redundancy / on & off shoring
- Proven experience in transformation situations with successful participation in change management efforts.
- Experience with generating and analysing HR metrics to drive business results along with proven and; reliable business acumen.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication, presentation, facilitation and influence management skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Keen customer focus with a willingness to ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind decisions and activities.
- Pragmatic, with the ability to devise right-sized solutions to problems, often with incomplete information.
- Comfort with and the ability to navigate through ambiguity; ability to prioritize multiple work-streams without sacrificing quality.
- Strong results-orientation and sense of urgency with a focus on service delivery; willingness to be hands-on with a "can-do, will-do" attitude.
- Full CIPD Qualification and Master's degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field strongly preferred.