Head of HR - UK
As Head of HR UK you will take part in the construction of the HR strategy and policy of the Group and implement them in the UK.
A leading FMCG brand base din North West London
- Developing and guiding the implementation of agreed HR strategies encompassing all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Leading and motivating an HR team who are responsible for the day to day management of general HR issues.
- Leading and acting as point of contact for key HR projects
- Coaching and influencing the Senior Management Team.
- Ensuring the HR function and team is aligned with business objectives.
- Provide the tools to build and develop a high performing team capable of achieving the Company's long term mission.
- Oversees the implementation of HR programs through the HR team. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves problems.
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting HR team. Encourages the ongoing development of the team.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes HR services and employee recognition.
- Conducts a continuing study of all HR policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems. Provides support to the for HR strategic planning.
- Establishes HR departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
- Support and work closely with the Director of HR on department action plans
- Responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management.
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan. Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur.
- Ensure all staff receive appraisals in accordance with company policy.
- Co-ordinate recruitment throughout Kolak through management of a recruitment team/HR team. Build relationships with recruiters, draft briefs, set up interviews where necessary. Interview senior hires when necessary.
- Maintain a succession plan for all departments
- Degree level education (Preferably in Business and /or HR)
- CIPD qualified with evidence of continuous professional development
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in HR Management
- Experience using SAP HR would be beneficial
- Held previous position of seniority, able to establish credibility and build department accountability.
Technical skills :
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills.
- Experience of acting as a role model is essential and leading teams.
- Comfortable in developing team members and empowering staff.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen
- Growth, Client & Customer Satisfaction / Quality of Services provided
- Rigorous management of results
- Brand Notoriety; Employee Engagement; Innovation and Change
Personal skills :
- HR Manager level - must be comfortable working in a standalone environment
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas
- Ability to recognise the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues
- Act as a role model for the organisation looks beyond own team as a role model and source of knowledge. Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioural styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships
- The ability to inspire confidence of the GM and other senior managers through timely delivery of information and plans. Works independently of GM, but consults where appropriate
- Results-focused - understands what is important to staff, clients and management - is committed to achieving goals. Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and organisation
- Displays integrity - is sincere in own behaviour and in dealings with others
- Self motivated and self aware - recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development
- Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the company and the human resource function as a whole.
£65,000 - £85,000 Base salary plus package