I have been instructed on a retained search for an HR Officer position with a forward thinking professional services business based near Essex.
The role will be reporting directly into the Head of HR and is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR generalist from a Professional Services background to gain a wide exposure to a broad and challenging remit.
The main responsibilities for the successful candidate will be to carry out all aspects of the Firm's recruitment and carry out HR administration and projects to support the business.
Duties will include
- Conducting initial discussion with partner to receive vacancy brief
- Drafting & finalising job description
- Researching and identifying sources for recruitment
- Drafting and placement of advertisements in relevant media, on websites and internally
- Negotiating rates with agencies and briefing agencies and ensure that solid relationships maintained
- Managing agencies to ensure only high calibre candidates submitted
- Forming links with universities, schools, college and tuition providers
- Attending careers fairs
- Receiving and responding to all job applications
- Arranging and carrying out first interviews
- Carrying out recruitment tests on applicants
- Organising assessment events for graduate recruitment
- Recruitment administration
- Sending out employment contracts
- Carrying out staff inductions
- Maintaining and updating HR system as required
- Producing training contracts and study policies for students
- Booking training courses and following up from courses
- HR admin including enrolling staff onto medical scheme, pension scheme and administering other staff benefits
- Overseeing training progression for A level apprentice students, including reviewing portfolio and liaising with tuition providers
- Reconciling HR system and billing system for staff attendance monthly
- Quarterly holiday pay calculations
- Leaver administration including exit interviews
- Producing HR reports
- Assisting HR Manager with advisory matters for staff
- One-off HR projects as required
- Ensure to keep self up-to-date on changes in legislation
- Any other task as reasonably required to ensure the smooth running of the HR team
The Profile of the successful candidate will include:
- Good HR experience, including recruitment, preferably gained within a Professional Services firm.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to negotiate fees with agencies to manage the agency relationship.
- A high-level of organisation and an aptitude for working with numbers. A high-level of confidentiality and discretion is crucial.
- Experience of a computerised HR system
- Advanced Excel
- The successful candidate must be flexible to do "out of hours" interviews and attend recruitment fairs which may involve working evenings and/or a longer day (time in lieu would be provided)
- A car owner is preferred though not essential
- £30-35k per annum
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.