Head of HR - Service Delivery (6 Months FTC)
- Full Time
The purpose of this role is
- To contribute to the direction and effective operation of this rapidly growing division as an embedded member of the SD Leadership team;
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the SD Leadership Team to develop the people strategy for the division as it grows;
- Align all People policies, practices, procedures and initiatives so that they support the business objectives, mission statement and values of both SD Operations and the Company as a whole.
- Develop initiatives to facilitate effective ways of working and to improve the business operation, e.g. culture, organisation design, working arrangements, performance management, communication, rewards and benefits;
- Challenge existing recruitment, training and engagement policies and processes across the Division bringing innovative thinking and ideas;
- Assess the need for and build leadership and management capability within the division including maintaining up-to-date Succession Plans and Personal Development Plans for key positions
- Champion the delivery of development programmes for any Graduates and Apprentices within the division;
- Coach and support SD Operations Senior Management Teams in business wide and division specific people initiatives to improve and maximise employee engagement and retention, performance management and leadership development;
- Build value added relationships with all key internal customers including Resource Planning and Finance;
- Support the SD Operations Director with Annual Pay Negotiations;
- Proactively review and make recommendations on headcount needs at all levels across the Division;
- Advise on pay and other remuneration issues to create attractive, cost effective packages across the division;
- Track, evaluate and maximise R.O.I on people investments including Occupational Health and Operational Training;
- Prepare and analyse employee data and review HR and Operational KPIs to identify trends and advise Management Teams on options and solutions;
- Advise the Property function on labour market considerations for potential new sites;
- Lead and develop a team of HR generalists, Operational trainers and Approved Driving Instructors to challenge and support Management Teams through providing pragmatic and professional HR advice and services, combining best practice and commercial viability;
- Liaise effectively with all members of the Central HR teams to provide an integrated HR service across the division. Ensure accurate and timely provision of data and information for company wide reporting;
- Identify, lead and contribute to HR-related business wide projects which will bring commercial benefits;
- Maintain continuous professional development for self and team in areas such as changes in legislation, best practice initiatives, developing commercial awareness and external benchmarking.
- This role will require travel throughout the UK so a full valid driving licence is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of Business Partnering in a multi-site shift based environment with large hourly paid teams.
- Previous experience of working in a unionised environment would be advantageous.
- Strong Technical HR knowledge including Employment Law, Reward and Organisation Design
- Takes a data driven approach to decision making;
- Able to influence effectively and build constructive working relationships across the company;
- PC Literate - at least intermediate level MS Office and knowledge of HR databases and systems;
- CIPD qualified (or relevant equivalent professional / vocational qualifications).
- Innovative thinking;
- Change management;
- Persuasion and Influencing;
- Leading and developing;
- Business and Commercial acumen - understands HR/ Business KPIs, finance and budgets
- Dotted line report to the Customer Operations Director - Service Delivery;
- General Managers and Regional Managers;
- Regional HR Managers and other Heads of HR;
- Employees across the division;
- Finance team;
- Employee Council;
- Health and Safety Team;
- USDAW officers.