5 days left
- Part Time
Woking & Sam Beare Hospice is a patient-centred charity based in Surrey committed to providing the best in specialist palliative care. We cover the North West Surrey region, providing free of charge holistic care and support services for patients, their families and carers. Our brand new 20 bedded has just opened in Goldsworth Park, Woking.
An exciting and challenging new position has been created following a re-structure of the HR department. You should be CIPD qualified to Level 5 or equivalent with at least 5 years HR generalist experience ideally within a Charity or health care environment
This post is for 22.5 hours a week over 3 days and will be based in our new offices in Goldsworth Park, Woking which is next to our new Hospice.
Main duties will include:
- To provide advice to staff on the interpretation of HR policy and procedures
- To provide advice and support to managers on HR employee relation issues, such as absence and performance management, assisting managers in the preparation and undertaking as necessary HR related investigations.
- To attend and provide HR advice at Disciplinary and other HR related panels.
- Oversee the recruitment process including undertaking interviewing and the development, in liaison with line managers, of Hospice job descriptions and person specifications offering advice and practical assistance as necessary ensuring that they and the recruitment process is compliant with Equal Opportunities legislation.
- In liaison with the HR & Volunteer Services Director ensure the HR database is up to date and accurate.
- To ensure induction and exit processes are undertaken conducting exit interviews as necessary, providing data to support recruitment and retention
- To undertake HR project work as directed by the HR & Volunteer Services Director.
- To ensure that HR processes meet departmental needs and those of the organisation ensuring that information passed between HR and payroll is accurate and relevant.
- To support the HR & Volunteer Services Director in implementing new terms and conditions and contribute to the development of employee contracts.
- To co-ordinate the Occupational Health clinics and appointments
- To work with the Quality and Audit Lead undertaking HR audit and review processes as required.
- To review and update HR policy and procedures as required.
- To assist with the set up and on-going administration of the E Learning System.
- To work with departments to organise internal and external training courses
- To run monthly staff Inductions.
- To oversee employee services, rewards and benefits such as eye care vouchers, complementary therapy sessions, counselling and childcare vouchers
- To ensure the Hospice appraisals across the Hospice are undertaken and the records of these are up to date and accurate so as to ensure compliance with CQC requirements. Report noncompliance and/or any concern to the HR & Volunteer Services Director.
- To line manage the HR administrator and HR volunteer. Providing advice and support to the team as necessary, undertaking annual appraisals and one to ones on a regular basis.
- To ensure Hospice values are upheld within the team and that good relationships are fostered and maintained by the HR team across the organisation and with external bodies;
- To deputise for the HR Director when required.
You will need to show you are a highly professional, self -motivated and enthusiastic manager. The role will be demanding but highly rewarding. We offer a competitive package including 25 days annual leave and a 5% contributory Pension Scheme.
To arrange an informal visit, please contact Liz Cussans, HR & Volunteer Services Director at Woking & Sam Beare Hospices, Denton Way, Goldsworth Park, Woking GU21 3LJ on 01483 742777. Please include a covering letter with your CV or application form.
Closing Date: 25th September with interviews on 28th September.
Apply for HR Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly