Learning & Development Manager
My client is a large Engineering business with sites across the UK who is looking for an experienced L&D Manager to work closely with the HR and Operations Leadership team. The role is more focused around designing and delivering the L&D agenda and working closely with senior stakeholders to translate business challenges in to L&D activities.
- Ensure that the business delivers high performing leaders and a pipeline of talent fit for the future
- Provide and execute a fully integrated Learning & Development strategy to design and deliver Leadership interventions that support the execution of business strategies and enhance business Build individual and organisational capability and knowledge to meet current and strategic requirements and create an active learning culture to embed capability development Work closely with Apprenticeship Manager to understand Training and Development opportunities within the early careers space
Learning & Development
- In conjunction with the HRD and business leaders, define and agree the L&D Strategy and priorities, leveraging analytics to help ensure meaningful diagnosis of training programmes.
- To organise and advance the career of talented individuals.
- Ensure the required levels of leadership and talent are identified and maintained throughout the business.
- Ensure there is a structured management and leadership offering for all levels within the business, incorporating both internal delivery and partnering with external providers to maximise the levy.
- Develop and execute the L&D strategy in line with business requirements to include some qualification based management training (eg. ILM)
- Assess and identify leadership and people management requirements, both for the immediate and future, across the whole organisation in consultation with Managers and in line with the Company’s leadership competencies.
- Ensure that the internal delivery of courses is relevant to the training needs of the overall business and are designed and developed accordingly.
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of development activity undertaken and quantify the impact and benefit both internally and externally
- Continually review and recommend improvements of innovative training programmes and materials.
- Work closely with the HR team to enhance the pipeline of future talent.
- Work in conjunction with the wider HR team to ensure seamless integration with functional HR plans.
- Work with the HR Director to develop L&D interventions which support organisational change and succession planning
- Improve on our current induction programme, and develop a training programme to continue developing our staff
- Provide coverage for general HR functions
- Develop current relationships with universities and online platforms.
- Prepare budgetary information together with department heads and agree implementation with the HR Director.
- Ensure use of high quality and low-cost materials for training products.
- Manage spending against budget, reconciling the training and recruitment budgets highlighting any anomalies to the HRD.
- Submit monthly & quarterly reports to the HRD / HR team.
- Collate, analyse and provide timely and robust MI and reporting for all L&D data
- Develop effective and accurate reporting and tracking on project status, plans, risk and issues logs
- Keep up to date with developments in training styles, techniques and resources to ensure appropriate and effective training delivery
- Take responsibility for identifying own personal training needs to ensure effective performance of your role. This may include carrying out further learning in own time as and when required and identified.
- Preferably a minimum 3 years proven and successful track record working within an L&D management role.
- Strong analytical ability and report writing
- Has common sense and a pragmatic approach
- Build strong stakeholder relationships and influence business leaders to gain buy-in at all levels.
- You will have delivered transformational change through leadership and talent interventions, identifying risks and opportunities to use funds and maximise ROI
- Extremely organised with exceptional time management
- Be strategically minded capable of understanding the long-term consequences of decisions taken
- Ideally you will have worked in Learning & Development or Talent Development across a wide geographical territory and multiple environments within a matrixed organisation.
- Whilst able to think strategically, you will have a hands on approach and will be task focused, with the ability to demonstrate how your initiatives have provided a return on investment to the business.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing sector is desirable, but certainly not essential.
- Strong IT skills and being comfortable with technology - MS Office, MS PowerPoint, HRIS advanced use of Excel, including the use of VLookups and Pivot tables
- Qualifications (desirable) in psychometric testing and personality profiling e.g. Thomas International, Insights
For further information, please contact Craig Saxby on 0113 887 7660 or quoting reference CS/20744 or simply click Apply Now and your details will be sent directly to Craig.