To work collaboratively with HR colleagues and key stakeholders and leaders to deliver a service in line with the needs and priorities of the charity. Oversee the delivery of key HR initiatives as the key interface between professional HR and the directorates. One of the key aspects of this role is to build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the designated service area.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
GeneralSupport, develop and coach managers in relation to their approach and consideration of people issues, ensuring that they understand the impact of these on the individual and the business and actively identify opportunities for greater employee engagement and improved internal communications.Support line management in dealing with complex or sensitive day to day people management issues and ensuring compliance with the relevant employment legislation and the interest of the organisation.To provide guidance to management on performance management from organisational design, setting standards, team effectiveness, talent identification and management, remedial action and interventions where necessary.In collaboration with the Learning and Development Officers, ensure specialist training needs for Managers in all HR, Employee Relations and Recruitment matters are met . Act as coach in all areas of staff management. Provide update briefings on employment law changes to Managers.To develop policies and procedures in consultation with the Assistant Director of HR Advisory to provide a framework for the effective management and support of staff. Keeping abreast of new developments both in terms of legislation and best practice through CPD and networking.To advise on organisational restructuring including redundancy and changes to terms of conditions, providing advice to Managers during these processes to ensure that the relevant procedures are followed
7. To advise on disciplinary and grievance cases and attend hearings, providing advice to the Manager chairing the hearing and ensure the procedures are followed. Take notes during the hearing, which will be used as evidence at a later stage. To represent the charity at Employment Tribunal as necessary.
RecruitmentTo work in partnership with Resourcing Team to ensure the effective delivery of a professional recruitment service to comply with Recruitment and Selection policy and best practice guidelines
Talent ManagementReview performance management and learning and development trends and needs up to local senior level and liaise with the Head of Learning and Development to provide appropriate interventions and feedback.
RewardWork with the Assistant Director of HR Advisory to manage the salary review and moderation process in the directorate and ensure that reward strategies meet the needs of and take account of local issues and market data.
Management InformationWork with colleagues in the HR team to develop and report on HR metrics to indicate achievement against both Corporate and Departmental HR targets.Provide management information for line managers and identify problem areas, working together with management to find solutions in the interest of the Legion.
Line ManagementSupport, develop and coach HR Coordinator with their personal and professional development, ensuring that they are appropriately involved in operational issues and project work including setting individual development plans, regular 1:1 reviews and coaching and in securing feedback from line managers on the impact of HR support.
- Chartered Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Demonstrable experience of working as a HR professional in a multi site organisation with experience of dealing with generalist HR matters (e.g. recruitment, performance management, restructuring, redundancy handling etc.)
- Demonstrable success of working in partnership with managers to deliver innovative HR solutions that meet business needs.
- Experience which demonstrates effective knowledge and application of employment legislation, including those applicable to recruitment and ER matters.
- Experience of successfully developing and implementing a range of HR policies, procedures, reports and/or guidelines.
- Experience of the recruitment and selection of staff
- Experience of supporting talent management, succession planning and performance management interventions together with line managers.