Reward Manager (UK & Ireland)
Circa £80,000 - 90,000 per annum + bonus, car allowance and benefits package
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Reward Manager has arisen to join a market leading, regulated conglomerate as they embark on a period of change. Reporting directly in to the HR Director (UK&I) the Reward Manager will coordinate the strategy for the UK & Ireland business focussing on improving existing policies and processes as well as offering a consultative and advisory service to the other business units.
The Reward Manager will be an ambitious individual with strong communication skills who excels when it comes to engaging with senior stakeholders and the wider business. Supported by a Reward Analyst, the role will begin with a full review of the existing reward programme including third party providers, the overall remuneration packages and general policies and procedures. Following the review, the Reward Manager will work towards making the necessary changes on improving the existing reward programme, as well as working with disparate business units to encourage centralisation and harmonisation.
• Design and coordinate strategic reward programme in line with the company’s global principles and aligned to achievement of the business unit objectives
• Act as an internal reward consultant to all business units within the UK&I, supporting their local HR teams
• Lead on reward compliance activity to ensure all companies adhere to external regulatory requirements
• Lead regional provision of management information/HR Metrics
• Represent the UK&I as part of the senior leadership team
• Seek out synergies/efficiencies in the reward space (outsourcing, common benefits platforms, brokerage of scale etc)
• Support, through appropriate coordination and analysis, the HR planning and budgeting process
• Manage, review and optimise as necessary all pay, benefits, pension and tax matters
• Coordinate, administer and quality control the operational activities of pension and benefit provision contributing to their development.
• Ensure robust vendor management of outsourced reward provisions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Excellent analytical skills, high attention to detail, natural ability to spot inconsistencies/trends/patterns
• Ability to build impactful relationships with key stakeholders
• Good planning and organisational skills. Manage heavy workloads to meet deadlines and deliver consistently high standards of work.
• Balance of the operational and the strategic along with local, regional and corporate priorities
• A clear and direct style getting to the heart of the complex challenges, providing solutions to difficult problems.
If you have the required experience and would like to express your interest in this exciting opportunity please call Charly Newton-Coombs at Network HR on 0121 450 5030.
In compliance with the regulations (April 2004) in place under the employment agencies act, Network HR will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable.