HR Officer - Exeter, Devon
Location: Exeter, Devon
Term: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits (relocation assistance available)
Oxygen House is home to a group of companies that invest in projects fostering social, environmental and economic prosperity. Our business is a mix of established companies and start-ups, with a strong and diverse portfolio of interests, including private equity, property, renewable energy, education, analytics and technology.
Our award-winning offices at Oxygen House have a range of on-site facilities that are available to everyone in our team. There’s an all-weather outdoor pitch for netball, football and tennis, an on-site gym offering regular fitness classes, a pool table, a table tennis table and a café serving delicious, local, and organic food. All for free.
We’re looking for a driven individual to join our growing HR Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to support a forward thinking, people focused and fast paced organisation. Reporting to the Employee Services Manager, you will work closely with all of the HR team in a hands on, varied operational support role.
- Ensure that all general first line HR administration support is provided across our group of companies
- First point of contact for transactional employee queries e.g. holiday, benefits, employee self-service system support
- End to end administration of the monthly payroll process
- Coordination of employment contracts, new starter paperwork and on-boarding support
- Management of HR system, including employee personal files
- Assist in the analysis and reporting of HR and employee data, responding to queries on an ad hoc basis
- Support on ad hoc projects as and when required
- Demonstrable understanding of HR policy and employment law
- Ability to work with integrity and absolute discretion
- Exceptional attention to detail; gets things right first time, but will still double check
- Articulate with strong verbal and written communication
- Highly organised and used to working in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Proactive with a ‘can do’ flexible attitude and excellent customer service
- Driven with an analytical mind set
- Demonstrable experience of using HR systems and databases
- Excellent IT skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Degree educated
- Currently studying or has achieved their Level 3/5 CIPD
- Payroll experience or good working knowledge of HMRC guidance and policies in relation to pay and benefits
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.