Employer Engagement Assistant- 6 month FTC (part-time 0.5 FTE)
Currently looking for a Employer Engagement Assistant for a 6 month FTC (part time). Based in South Lanarkshire within Public Sector.
Public sector organisation.
- Source and identify employers looking to expand their workforce.
- Search and arrange work placements and monitor and mentor participants on placement.
- Assist in progressing clients into employment through negotiation with work placement providers or other employers.
- Provide participants with appropriate and effective individual and group support to help them enhance their employability skills.
- Carry out Health & Safety checks as required and comply with all current Health & Safety and other current legislation.
- Assist in providing Job search support for clients.
- Provide an aftercare and mentoring service.
- Ensure that all relevant client records and reports are accurately and timeously completed to meet funder's guidelines.
- Assist in marketing information to employers with particular reference to the Inclusiveness project.
- Be aware of and ensure the implementation of all policies.
- Any other duties as specified by the Inclusiveness Project Co-ordinator or the Head of Alternative Funding.
- HNC/D or equivalent level of qualification
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
Previous working with National Training programmes and unemployed people of all ages
Delivering employability support in groups or 1 to 1.
Dealing directly with external organisations and employers.
Good administrative background
Strong written/spoken communication skills
Demonstrable organisational and planning skills
Ability to work with groups or individuals on a one-to-one basis
Ability to communicate at all levels
Good time management
IT skills, especially Word, Access and Excel
Able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Able to manage own workload
Able to travel throughout South Lanarkshire and surrounding area
- Immediately available or short notice period
The successful applicant must hold a HNC/D or equivalent level of qualification and have experience of working with National Training programmes and unemployed people of all ages. Experience of working in employer engagement would be an advantage.
The new PVG scheme replaces enhanced disclosures when undertaking work with Children or Vulnerable Adults. This post is considered Regulated Work with Children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Successful applicants will be required to become members of the relevant PVG scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer being made.