The Institutional Equity Coverage team supports a division of approx. 580 employees. It consists of a Senior Coverage Officer who is responsible for HR support for the division 1 Vice President who is aligned to specific client groups within the division and an HR Administrator who provides overall administrative support to the team.
A leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services
The successful candidate for the HR Associate role will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Work with the Sales & Trading Analyst Committee to effectively manage the Analyst population.
- Operate as a collaborative member of the London team.
- Maintain strong relationships with international HR colleagues to ensure cohesive HR support to the business.
- Work with the business to interpret and apply the Company's policies and procedures.
- Work with managers to monitor and manage Short and Long-Term / Long Term Disability cases, undertaking regular review meetings with the Firm's Occupational Health team, and making referrals to the Occupational Health or Permanent Health Insurance providers, when necessary.
- Manage FWA requests, working with managers to find solutions and conducting appropriate meetings.
- Work collaboratively with managers & Legal counsel to manage the redundancy process.
- Advise and coach managers across a wide range of employee relations issues independently, taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcomes. This includes liaison with in-house Legal advisors where necessary.
- Influence managers and work with them to deal effectively and appropriately with the management of range of performance, conduct and compliance issues.
- Work with the business around international relocations to ensure best practice and cost effectiveness.
- Understand and comply with the Firm's obligations under the Senior Manager and Certification Regime in order to onboard new hires and transfers in line with the Firm's obligations.
- Ensure the performance evaluation process is communicated and managed across the groups.
- Intervene on any evaluation summaries to reflect performance issues and advise managers on appropriate wording where necessary.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyse feedback and interpret/respond to feedback.
- Work with the business and global HR counterparts to effectively manage the Sales & Trading Associate Promotion Process
- Coordinate the Analyst talent ranking process.
- Work with Talent Development, Campus Programme Management and the business to develop Analyst talent
- Work with Talent Development to develop our Assistant talent.
- Work collaboratively with the business to encourage the development of our diverse junior populations.
Reward and Compensation
- Work with the HR Data team to provide appropriate management data.
- Work collaboratively with managers, data team and HR counterparts in EMEA and the US during the annual Year End compensation processes.
- Stay abreast of market developments to ensure ability to proactively provide business with valuable market insight.
- Assist in the completion of monthly audits, in order to ensure accurate and reliable data, working closely with the Data Manager and Administrator, giving guidance as necessary.
The successful candidate for the HR Associate role should have:
- A strong academic record including a degree
- CIPD qualification preferred (or currently studying towards).
- A proven background within HR either within financial services or professional services, or alternatively an international environment.
- An ability to manage and develop relationships within matrix management structures.
An exciting new generalist HR role working for a leading Investment Bank
Initially offered as a contract HR Associate position with a competitive salary