Currently working with a large company in Reading to recruit a HR Generalist to join them for 12 months. This role sits between a HR Officer and HRBP role so it is a perfect step up to a more business partner orientated role.
The role of HR Generalist will be to support the Head of HR, HR Manager and Operational Line Managers. You will be responsible for identifying and delivering specific programmes and projects of work relating to the delivery of the People Strategy and change programmes linked to Business Plan outputs. You will also provide analytical expertise to HR MI data to drive fact based decision and to deliver a change in performance.
Duties will include;
- Deliver cultural/operational change programmes which support both customer and operational excellence and instil a performance culture across the business.
- Enhance management capability through the provision of expert advice and guidance, providing specialist information and recommendations to line managers in order to assist and influence decision making.
- Proactively challenging current practices and making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Ensure line managers are fully conversant with, and are actively using, their HR MI data to measure and manage performance.
- Ensuring managers are competent and confident in all aspects of employee relations, including providing advice, guidance and coaching on complex grievance, capability and disciplinary issues.
- Develop, building, maintaining and managing, both internal and external, relationships with key stakeholders and professional bodies to enhance the quality of the HR service and support the business in the delivery of business objectives.
- Work closely with the Central HR teams to support the delivery of business needs, ensuring strategies and planned benefits are understood and influencing HR thinking and solutions.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished HR practitioner with excellent influencing and communication skills and a track record of delivering high quality outputs. You will have demonstrable project delivery capability and be commercially astute along with having a strong analytical mind-set and the ability to use tools to manipulate and present data in order to improve performance. A sound knowledge of HR principles, ER practices and employment law is required with experience of working with employee representatives and Trade Unions. You must have a sound comprehension of HR and business models and their application in meeting business requirements. You will have worked in a large matrix environment, having built excellent working relationships with senior stakeholders. You should be CIPD qualified, or equivalent (or working towards).
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.