Our client is an international law firm with offices across Asia, Europe and the Middle East. They are looking to hire a HR Advisor to join their team based in the City. The team are fun and friendly managing very busy workloads but still making time to socialise.
As a key member of the HR team, this role will support the wider HR team with Recruitment and on-boarding, Absence Management, Employee relations (ER), Employee Life Cycle, HR Policies and People Management and development.
Recruitment and on-boarding:
- drafting job descriptions, liaising with partners and hiring managers to agree requirements, instructing agencies, leading agency briefings, screening applications, advising on salary levels, obtaining authorisation to recruit, maintaining relations with PSL agencies and acting as a main point of contact
- undertaking first interviews and NQ interviews, supervising the drafting of offer letters and employment contracts
- assisting with graduate recruitment, including conducting first stage interviews and taking part in assessment centres
Absence Management (including holidays, sickness, maternity leave):
- responsible for issues relating to monitoring attendance, maternity, sickness pay and other leave ensuring policies are met and issues are dealt with in a timely manner and leading return to work interviews where appropriate and maternity meetings.
Employee life cycle, including:
- managing flexible working requests
- advising on client secondments and international assignments
- immigration management
- leading on regular processes such as the annual appraisal and pay review process, including market research
- conducting exit interviews and summarising any trends.
Employee relations (ER):
- acting as the first point of contact for ER, taking responsibility for ER issues
Policies, knowhow and developing the HR function:
- managing the employment handbook to make sure it stays up to date, in association with the wider HR operations team, drafting new policies and guidance as appropriate
- drafting and delivering (alongside the wider HR/L&D teams) technical HR training to
- line managers in business support
People management and development:
- supervising the work of the HR Assistants to ensure that all activities are coordinated appropriately and that client service is delivered in a timely and professional manner
- acting as the HR representative for the Environmental Committee, including attending quarterly meetings and updating the HR team
- experience of working in a professional services firm is highly desirable and commercial law
- a human resources qualification would be an advantage
- experience of using a HR information system, such as CoreHR to effectively support an advisory role
- firm experience would be an advantage