Human Resources Manager - London
Human Resources Manager
Salary: Up to £40,000 to £45,000 depending on experience
An exciting HR role based in London, England has arisen at C5 Communications Limited, part of the C5 Group, a leading international conference company, offering interactive and business critical forums across the legal and trade sectors.
With 30+ years in the business, our portfolios are highly regarded in the industry, covering topical issues such as anticorruption, fraud and immigration law amongst others. Given our growth plans, we are currently looking for a HR Manager to contribute to the company’s success. If this sound like a place you would like to work, keep reading.
The successful candidate will be an experienced HR professional, who has worked in a generalist capacity previously and has worked in an autonomous environment. As a HR Manager, you will be a key member of the Management Team, and take full ownership of the employee life cycle, whilst supporting and coaching managers on all HR related queries. The HR Manager will be a key member of the company and will make a significant contribution to taking the business to the next level. This will include taking a ‘hands on’ approach in ensuring all operational and day-to-day (administrative) HR related activities are managed. This role will be part of a small global HR team and have the opportunity to partner with head office, in Toronto, Canada, in implementing global HR initiatives.
If you are a HR Generalist looking to join a small, friendly and rapidly growing business then this role will be perfect for you.
To be successful in this role we are looking for candidates with strong generalist HR experience, with an enthusiastic, ‘can do’ attitude. The ideal candidate will have proven progressive HR experience and a strong understanding of engagement and organisational change.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- You will be first point of contact for all employee relations cases and coaching managers on best practise
- Support and coach line managers with disciplinary and grievance investigations. Providing HR advice on a wide spectrum of employment matters, including; management, long term sickness, performance management, discipline and grievances issues together with management of all maternity, paternity, parental leave and flexible working applications
- This role will have an administrative element including internal communications, monthly payroll and benefits, joiners and leavers, manage benefits programs such as Cashplan and pensions, maintain and manage personnel records
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are implemented by Managers in the business for consistent HR Management across the business and in alignment with head office
- Maintain and develop HR policies and the Employee Handbook in collaboration with the HR global team
- Maintaining high levels of HR visibility to encourage a supportive HR culture and approachability
- Responsible for managing the recruitment lifecycle from the role definition & approval stage through to job offer & on-boarding, providing an exceptional candidate and manager experience
- Drive the effectiveness of the performance review process, providing coaching and support through best practice approach
- Co-ordinate with Head Office in managing the annual appraisal programme, facilitating the roll out and managing all follow up meetings
- Talent Management - succession planning and retention initiatives
- Actively participate and implement global HR initiatives that are identified by the Toronto head office
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience in a similar HR Manager position
- CIPD qualified (Level 7) or have an equivalent HR related qualification is preferred
- Wide ranging generalist HR experience and expertise
- Ability to collaborate on global HR initiatives that align to the company priorities and goals
- Strong communication skills (both verbally and written)
- Flexible and able to work in a changing environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable acting both operationally and strategically in a fast-paced environment, with a heavy emphasis on the operational side
- Comfortable working with autonomy
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects with competing priorities and deadlines
Please apply now by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
Apply for Human Resources Manager - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly