Diversity & Inclusion Manager / Senior Manager
An exciting role for a Diversity & Inclusion Manager has become available at a leading Legal business based in the City of London. The business employs over 13,000 people globally and in London you will be joining 800 employees. They are a multi award winning business and work on some of the country's most high profile legal cases.
The role will be broad and diverse and will cover - setting D&I strategy, developing and implementing D&I programmes, strategically leading focus groups, chairing meetings, working closely with HR and Business colleagues, working with the business on Pitches, developing relationships with external bodies and memberships, managing sponsorship activities, internal/external communications and much more.
The D&I Manager plays an essential part in the business strategy and one that is central in them delivering on their commitment to having a positive impact.
Responsibilities (Brief description):
- Work with the I&D Partner and the Management Committee in informing, implementing and driving the London office I&D strategy.
- Support the I&D Board, convene meetings and prepare agendas in collaboration with the I&D Partner.
- Continue to develop and drive forward the extensive I&D programme already in operation in the London office.
- Strategically lead and develop the work of five I&D Focus Groups.
- Be the key point of reference for business pitches and client liaison teams.
- Actively participate in and develop and maintain initiatives and relationships with strategic external organisations and networks.
- Oversee a range of diversity benchmarks.
- Identify opportunities to develop relationships, attend relevant events and meetings on behalf of the firm and identify and take up speaking opportunities in order to share best practice.
- Actively manage major diversity sponsorship.
- Develop concepts for diversity events and office wide campaigns, oversee execution of these campaigns and events.
- Work closely with the HR Business Partner and Reward teams to monitor and further develop the London office's approach to agile working and to support Inclusion & Diversity commitments.
- Develop and maintain relationships with I&D practitioners in other offices. Support and inform global diversity projects as required.
- Work closely with the communications team to gain appropriate coverage of the commitment to Inclusion & Diversity, support the production of press releases, pitches and internal communications relating to I&D.
- Support I&D Partner and Diversity Champion Partners in preparation for any press opportunities or speaking engagements.
- Advocate for Inclusion & Diversity, share details of our commitments and activities, and the reasons behind them, internally and externally.
- Lead the creation of the Annual I&D Review.
- Continue to monitor and evaluate I&D initiatives.
- Manage the Junior I&D Officer, I&D & CSR Coordinator and CSR Manager
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working in the Inclusion & Diversity field, ideally within a professional services environment.
- Excellent strategic-thinking, management and evaluation skills
- Able to influence and persuade at all levels
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent and proven project management skills
- High work standards and accuracy
- Good negotiating skills
- 'Can-do' approach - can get things done
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Highly organized and excellent prioritization skills
- Understanding of stakeholders needs in a professional services firm
- Ability to self-monitor to ensure completion of projects on time
- Experienced in and comfortable with sharing information with all stakeholders, both internal and external
- Collaborative and comfortable working with different groups, teams and individuals
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
- Experience of delivering creative and innovative Inclusion & Diversity campaigns
- Experience of overseeing diversity benchmarking exercises, including Stonewall's Workplace Equality Index