To provide an effective generalist HR service to the an specific area of the business to ensure that the Company attracts, retains and develops the appropriate staff to enable the Company to achieve its business objectives.
A leading, global shipping firm based in Canary Wharf, London.
- To provide an effective HR service (in line with HR Key Result Areas) to certain businesses areas in London.
- To manage the performance of the HR Administrator and ensure the continued development of the individual in this role.
- With co-operation and collaboration of the HR Director to provide high level / strategic support to business divisions.
- To provide project leadership to key HR initiatives as allocated from time to time, which may include employee engagement surveys, recognition schemes, salary surveys, etc.
To provide support to the non-liner businesses to provide an effective service in the following areas :
- Organisational effectiveness - to provide support to Line Managers to ensure that the organisation and structure of the divisions / departments is effective, and to advise, guide and assist Line management in any re-structures to ensure they are carried out effectively and in line with best HR and legal practice.
- Group values - to ensure that the Group values are continually reinforced and remain a key activity in each business / Division for which the HR Manager is responsible.
- Staff Development - to provide a service that ensures that all staff are inducted effectively into the business and then trained to meet the business needs and appropriate development activities are in place to both identify and retain our best talent, in line with the organisationa Career Development policy and within the businesses' budget guidelines. To deliver internal training courses to both management and staff on a range of issues including appraisals, management development, employment law, etc. and take responsibility for the planning and organisation of any in-house corer management training initiatives as required.
- Employee Relations - to advise and support Line Managers on disciplinary, grievance, appraisal and performance management processes in accordance with the Company's policies. To ensure such policies reflect current legal requirements, and reflect industry best practice, and that any terminations are carried out in a lawful manner. To take responsibility for the case management of any long term sickness or stress related cases liaising with the Payroll and Benefits Officer and occupational health and insurance companies as appropriate. To provide advice to staff on HR related matters.
- Employee Recognition - to ensure that proper mechanisms are in place to ensure that we are able to provide appropriate recognition to teams / individuals who deliver performance above and beyond the norm.
- Employee Engagement - To ensure that HR (with Line management) are measuring and regularly reviewing the level of employee engagement.
- Self Development - to ensure continual update of personal and professional competences in order to provide an effective service to the business / division.
- HR Policy Development - to ensure that HR Policies are maintained and updated in line with legal requirements and that these polices are in line with business needs and are effectively communicated and implemented. To ensure that knowledge of employment legislation is current and to advise management and the HR team of any changes and implications for the business. To decide when it may be appropriate to seek advice from the Company's employment lawyers.
- Recruitment and Selection - to prove an effective service to business / divisions to ensure that we recruit the best staff for the business in line with legal and professional best practice.
- To provide the agreed level of support to Corporate and HR activities and ensure effective and appropriate implementation in to their own divisions.
- Health and Safety - to ensure that the business / division meet its legal obligations for the health and safety of all employees.
- To monitor and review KPIs compiled by the HR Officer relating to recruitment, absence, training, etc.
- CIPD qualified.
- Educated at least to degree level (or comparable level of experience).
- 5- 10 years' experience of working in a HR role within a commercial environment is essential.
- In depth understanding of UK employment law and evidence of the ability to apply this to a range of situations is essential.
- Experience of working for an European or international company and dealing with a range of different cultures is highly desirable.
- Prior use of electronic HR systems plus good Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills required.
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations to a range of audiences desirable.
- Ability to carry out internal staff training on a range of topics eg inductions and staff appraisals, is required.
- Sound judgement and ability and resilience to make / and or support tough decisions is essential.
- Leadership and Influencing skills are critical for this role.
- The ability to be organised and set own priorities is essential to meet the demands of this role.
£50,000 - £55,000 plus Car Allowance, plus package.