HR M&A Specialist
The HR M&A team is a specialist team and has been helping clients with their people related issues in M&A for over 12 years. We work at the forefront of transactions, helping both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal people and organisational issues related to M&A.
My client are a leading and global Management Consultancy.
Our four key client proposition areas are:
1) Employee experience
2) Organisational Strategy Development
3) Labour relations and compliance
4) HR operations
You will be responsible for leading client delivery and supporting practice development for the HR M&A team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, plan and deliver HR M&A programmes and HR due diligence.
- Leading and supporting our clients through strategy development, organisational design, people transitions, employee experience and synergy/cost analysis programmes arising from acquisitions, divestitures, carve outs and other transactions.
- Delivering and/or reviewing high quality, transaction reports and other M&A documentation including HR due diligence and Transitional Service Agreements.
- Drawing on knowledge and experience to provide high quality and deep insights and recommendations to our clients.
- Leading client meetings, interviews, and key client workshops, including the design and build of workshop materials.
- Interfacing with senior internal and external stakeholders both at clients and within, acting as a credible sounding board on HR M&A related matters.
- Managing relationships with key C level executives at clients.
- Supporting and contributing to the growth plans of our HR M&A business
- Leading, coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
- Identifying and driving opportunities for the wider business as a result of work in transactions
- Owning engagement management including quality and risk management for the project
- Provide support to a number of different aspects such as preparation of proposal materials, development of propositions, development of tools, methodologies and templates.
- Significant experience in a consulting firm or industry of preparing and delivering HR, OD or Strategy programmes in a M&A environment including:
o HR due diligence (buyside and sell side) - writing and reviewing
o Vendor assist
o Planning and execution of integrations and separations across strategy and OD, people transition, culture, employee experience, infrastructure, and systems.
o HR Operations, including people, process, governance, service management, technology and contracts.
o Design, negotiation and operation of HR related transitional services.
- Deep technical expertise in at least one of the following areas:
o HR processes and employment law aspects such as TUPE transfers, restructuring and redundancy, union negotiation and workers agreements globally.
o Financial analysis of deals from a people/organisational cost and synergy perspective.
o HR operating models, including organisation and supplier strategy.
o Employee Engagement / Culture.
o Organisational design and strategic/financial options for organisations or functions.
- Understanding of the deal lifecycle and the role of HR and strategy within it - starting from due diligence through to concluding transitional service agreements.
- Leading and facilitation of client meetings and interviews.
- Leading a team which includes both colleagues and client members of staff.
- Team management experience, including experience in development and growth plans.
- Bachelor's degree qualification, professional qualification welcome.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including reporting.
- Programme management experience and track record of successful delivery of projects.
- Experience of HR outsourcing, supplier management and procurement.
- Comfort with ambiguity, fluid situations and a highly pressured environment.
- You will need to be willing to travel.
£50,000 - £80,000 plus bonus and plus great benefits.