Head of Employee Communications and Engagement
Job Title: Interim Head of Employee Communications and Engagement
Rate Range: £700-£800p/d
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 6 months
A leading global organisation in London are currently seeking an Interim Head of Employee Communications and Engagement to take the lead on a number of communications workstreams for the company. This role will improve the organistion's ability to respond to a changing environment and more competitive market-place. This role balances internal BAU Employee Communications, the ability to understand emerging change strategies alongside 'in flight' transformational projects with the need for translating those plans into effective communications, writing up positional papers, briefings, FAQs, proof points and core narratives.
1. Work in partnership with senior organisational leaders (governance)to take internal facing change policies and strategies and shape them as meaningful communications to a range of audiences in order to achieve objectives such as supporting decision making processes, collecting experience and insight as to likely reactions and the resultant implications to help shape plans.
2. Lead on providing strategic integrated communications planning (including scenario planning) for high level priorities.
3. Coordinate communications activity globally for both BAU and relevant projects across the organisation in order to achieve increased organisational buy-in to the desired change outcomes.
4. Be accountable for developing and managing corporate messages/narratives (e.g. blog posts, articles, speeches) for those identified priority areas and reputation sensitive issues.
5. Develop and implement a strategy for new digital/social media communications(i.e Yammer)
6. Through the direct line management of staff members of the team, the role will further :
a) Provide and oversee support to the Director of Communications for confidential meeting support, briefings, presentations and other communications.
b) Cultivate strong and relevant partnerships with key stakeholders whose activities align to strategy and the direction of key communications campaigns.
c) Delivery of targetted communications to specific key highly influential networks
- Journalism/media/communications/marketing qualification or equivalent evidence of professional development
- Proven experience of leading and advising on stakeholder engagement and significant major communications in and on behalf of a global organisation.
- Experience of line-managing, motivating and inspiring staff.
- Experience developong and implementing a strategy for new digital/social media communications(i.e Yammer)
- Experience of leading and working within virtual and cross functional teams to deliver successful outcomes.
- Proven ability to deliver effective internal communications with demonstrable impact
- Proof-reading and editing skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of how different approaches (social media, text narrative, video, interaction) impact on objectives, and strategic decision-making as to when and how to use different content types to their best effect
- Excellent writing skills - a proven ability to write engaging and accessible copy for different audiences and channels, conveying key points clearly and concisely
- Experience of scenario planning and managing crisis communications
- Experience of managing several projects simultaneously applying good practice methodology in Project Management
- Significant experience of setting up and managing the delivery of cross-organisational, multi-audience communication projects
Mark Stanton is the consultant managing this vacancy. Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.